+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coin Lock, I play from 2 different computers

Rift Disciple

Default Coin Lock, I play from 2 different computers

Is there anyway to stop it from coinlocking me every time I switch computers?

I don't know why it would be doing this, since both my computers are in the same house so it shouldn't be a different location on the IP address.

(just got the game yesterday)
    Last edited by Pattyb12; 02-06-2012 at 06:06 AM.

It should only coinlock you twice - once for each PC. I think it uses the IP of the PC, not the gateway, for coinlocking.

I've been having coinlock issues lately because the 3G hotspot i'm forced to use abroad this month seems to change my IP every time I log in.

However at home and at work I can play on my desktop or laptop no problem after the first time i was coinlocked at each place.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyb12 View Post
    Is there anyway to stop it from coinlocking me every time I switch computers?

I don't know why it would be doing this, since both my computers are in the same house so it shouldn't be a different location on the IP address.

(just got the game yesterday)
    It uses the IP address to coinlock you. I know this because my ISP (AT&T) uses dynamic IP addresses that have 24 hour leases and I have to remove the coinlock daily. If your ISP uses dynamic IP addresses that change every 24 hours, then that is why.

..but you can contact your isp and ask them to sit with trion.
    just explain whats up they will understand, there is a fix for this from the isp
    who took my names!

I play 95% of the time on my desktop, but once a week or so I have to use my laptop. ALso, my three sons all have accounts, and occasionally they will want to play on my computer ('cause Daddy wins the hardware war! ). Pretty much all the accounts have been used on all the computers, and had coin-locked cleared, at least once in the past.

I'd say it's about a 50% chance on average that you will get coin-locked whenever you use a computer you did not log onto for your last connection. It's a lot. All the systems use the same ISP connection, so if the external IP is changing, it's changing across the board - so I don't believe that's the problem.

Whatever the real issue is, it does get annoying - but expected.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Soulwalker

i had this issue when i first started playing. I drive a truck over the road and use my mobile hotspot for internet access. I called trion and explained to them, after a few security questions to verify myself they were able to lower my accounts security settings so it wouldnt coin lock me everytime i logged in from a different location on my labtop.
    This fixxed the issue and i havent had the coin lock since

Telaran

My IP is always the same.
    If I log on my number 1 computer then use another(number 2) on my network. and then return to number 1 computer. I will get coin-lock every time I switch between computer 1 and 2.

I don't mind though, i like the feeling of knowing my accounts safe.
    Last edited by Orbellix; 02-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread