+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having your action bars filled with Macros can be detrimental to your FPS rate

Default Having your action bars filled with Macros can be detrimental to your FPS rate

Just a heads up.

After weeks of dealing with ****ty framerates on my main toon, and perfectly normal frame rates on my alts, I finally tracked down the problem.

Pulling all my macros from my action bars resulted in a frame rate increase from 15-20 all the way up to 90 fps.

You folks at Trion may want to look into this.
    what is this I don't even

Sword of Telara

Humm, that's interesting.

Don't suppose you have tried a few things to determine if it is actually the quantity of macros on your toolbar, versus perhaps one or two "bad" macros causing the problem?

And just out of curiosity, how many do you consider "filled?" Are you literally talking 12 or more?

Going to do some more testing here in a bit.

Pretty sure the problem arises more when you have macros on your bar for abilities that aren't in your current spec, but not certain.

My main spec had 5 different bars filled with macros on them from old specs when I first started playing that I forgot were there (utilizing the up/down arrows at the right of my main bar). Obviously the macros had long since changed, but they were still loaded on my bars. Taking all of them off resulted in a massive fps swing.
    what is this I don't even

Telaran

After you do more testing and come to some sort of conclusion, could you please bug it in-game so that it draws Trion's attention. Anything to help FPS issues is a good thing!

Same problem. sadly I found this thread AFTER I found macros were the problem.. After 4 days of horrible FPS.

I cleaned everything I was not using. Deleted old macros, deleted them from UI and from bars. I use Bar #1 for skills and Bar Shift+2 for Buffs and consumables.

I was just looking for a way to Sort macros since now I have like 20 empty spaces in between. Is there a way?

Same problem. sadly I found this thread AFTER I found macros were the problem.. After 4 days of horrible FPS.

I cleaned everything I was not using. Deleted old macros, deleted them from UI and from bars. I use Bar #1 for skills and Bar Shift+2 for Buffs and consumables.

I was just looking for a way to Sort macros since now I have like 20 empty spaces in between. Is there a way?
    I believe if you import them on another toon then back they should re-order.

Note, importing macros wipes any macros on the receiving toon.

Create an alt/use a bank alt without any macros > log back to main > import.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 12-24-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Ok, scratch that, it imports the blank spaces also. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Interesting! That's... well, I bet that'll explain why some people were getting horrible frame rates and no one could tell why.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread