+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opening my map reduce from 50 frame to under 10 frame

Soulwalker

Default Opening my map reduce from 50 frame to under 10 frame

Hi all,

Major issue with the map, when i open my map my frame rate drop by 80% or so. it is totally independent of what level of detail i use.

this is my dxdiag file attached:

Thanks in advance for help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Soldric; 11-27-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Plane Walker

I experience huge frame loss as well, although my game is still playable. I go from 56 FPS to 32 FPS.

Champion of Telara

With my map open the game is unplayable.

I go from a constant 40-50fps to under 5fps with map open. Very common to see it at 2-3fps. I find it hard that this is only happening to me. I do play on a pretty non-standard setup but still, a 90% fps drop cause the map is open?

Same problem here. Only started happening with 1.6

Soulwalker

anyone find a way to fix that ?

Soulwalker

same for me starting with 1.6 but not sure if it was one after one of the hotfix or not
    Last edited by Soldric; 12-02-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Champion of Telara

This DEFINITELY started with 1.6 for me. The original update when EI/CC went live. I have my map up almost always. Had since I started playing. Within mins login in after EI's patch, I saw the drop. My first though was something running in the background. (I've had SWTOR running in the BG by accident before ). Then assumed it was only EI cause it was so large. Tried other things like adjusting video settings as well as drivers+rebooting before giving up and attributing it to Trion's update.

Still no solution btw. Same fps crap as before. It has gotten alittle better. I now 'only' sometimes drop from 40-50fps to 20fps with map open. Instead of the sub 5fps shortly after 1.6.

Fix please.

Soulwalker

Still no solution on my side
    I tryed so many thing and i have been working with support of RIFT a lot too, now lat option is to remove the game and re-install it

Telaran

This always has and will always be a problem until Trion reduced the amount of network traffic when the map is opened. Opening the map just shifts the bottleneck more towards the network interface and, somewhat, the CPU. I'm imagine that the current problems with zone invasions overloading the server are exacerbating the situation. There's no way around it from your end, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by kschoe2 View Post
    This always has and will always be a problem until Trion reduced the amount of network traffic when the map is opened. Opening the map just shifts the bottleneck more towards the network interface and, somewhat, the CPU. I'm imagine that the current problems with zone invasions overloading the server are exacerbating the situation. There's no way around it from your end, folks.
    If it's server load and network issues, why doesn't it affect everyone on the server when they open their maps? I've never had this issue, and I play on Wolfsbane, one of the highest pop servers. Even in an EI event with 3-5 second lag between hitting an ability and it firing, opening the map doesn't severely change my performance.
    Craig: [incredulous] Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?!
    The Doctor
    : I'm his special favourite. Shhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Rouges are overpowdered.

Telaran

Trust me... hover over your main menu icon before and after you open the map. You will see a framerate drop. You may not notice the difference, but it's there. This is assuming that your system is not already choking on the game (e.g. 20 fps) in normal open world situations. Been there since beta and I've played on a number of different machines, all more than capable than playing Rift.

My current system: Nvidia 580 GTX, Intel 2500k @ 4.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 1866 RAM, Sata III SSD

Just running around in the open world is usually pegged at 60-70 fps. Opening the map will always drop it to at least 50. If there's alot going on in the zone (invasion, or on ember isle during one of the more complex zone events, etc), it will dip much farther.
    Last edited by kschoe2; 12-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by kschoe2 View Post
    Trust me... hover over your main menu icon before and after you open the map. You will see a framerate drop. You may not notice the difference, but it's there. This is assuming that your system is not already choking on the game (e.g. 20 fps) in normal open world situations. Been there since beta and I've played on a number of different machines, all more than capable than playing Rift.

My current system: Nvidia 580 GTX, Intel 2500k @ 4.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 1866 RAM, Sata III SSD

Just running around in the open world is usually pegged at 60-70 fps. Opening the map will always drop it to at least 50. If there's alot going on in the zone (invasion, or on ember isle during one of the more complex zone events, etc), it will dip much farther.
    i tested this just now to see it on mine. looks like:
    sanctum 37fps (w/ map up 26fps) = 11fps difference
    fort zarnost, ember isle 37 (w/ map up 27fps) = 10fps difference
    these are obviously more crowded zones

wyrmbane spire, shimmersand 55fps (w/ map up 40fps) = 15fps difference
    kains command, scarwood reach 43fps (w/ map up 31fps) =12fps difference
    less crowded zones

while it is dropping fps (obviously it would because you opened something that has to be rendered) i do not see the drastic drops in fps some have described.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Champion of Telara

I had DRASTIC drop right after 1.6 came out. The numbers when rolled over the button are accurate as it matches up with fraps. I have fraps running for other things so it's almost always up while gaming.

I was getting drops from 40-50fps down to a steady 2-5fps. My map is large tho. The map window when open is probably not much smaller then a normal 1920x1200 resolution. A quick estimate of 1600x1000 wouldn't be so out for me. Since my game resolution is 5760x1200. The strange thing is before 1.6, it didn't happen or was at least not noticeable. The past few days the fps has not drop as much. It's still worse then pre 1.6 tho but I drop from 40-50fps down to about 20fps. Still a drop, but at least it's playable. (I don't keep my map open anymore while 'playing' even at 20fps tho)

Maybe there's less invasions. Or T put in a stealth fix. Still hoping it goes back to pre-1.6 fps tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I had DRASTIC drop right after 1.6 came out. The numbers when rolled over the button are accurate as it matches up with fraps. I have fraps running for other things so it's almost always up while gaming.

I was getting drops from 40-50fps down to a steady 2-5fps. My map is large tho. The map window when open is probably not much smaller then a normal 1920x1200 resolution. A quick estimate of 1600x1000 wouldn't be so out for me. Since my game resolution is 5760x1200. The strange thing is before 1.6, it didn't happen or was at least not noticeable. The past few days the fps has not drop as much. It's still worse then pre 1.6 tho but I drop from 40-50fps down to about 20fps. Still a drop, but at least it's playable. (I don't keep my map open anymore while 'playing' even at 20fps tho)

Maybe there's less invasions. Or T put in a stealth fix. Still hoping it goes back to pre-1.6 fps tho.
    How many of the ones having major FPS problems with the map open run a multi-monitor setup? Just curious. Also, which card(s) are you all using?
    Craig: [incredulous] Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?!
    The Doctor
    : I'm his special favourite. Shhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Rouges are overpowdered.

Telaran

I run multi-monitor, but I have Rift set to Full Screen (non-Windowed) mode. Also the NVidia control panel is set to full power instead of adaptive, or whatever that setting is (not on my desktop atm). My fps drops aren't drastic, they are merely noticeable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast