+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you have ATI brand card with lagsaurus - read this

Default If you have ATI brand card with lagsaurus - read this

Nope, your computer is not bottlenecking the graphics card in some way, if you tried all the tweaks out there, and still get tremendously horrendous awfully bad evil-inspired FPS, then I have news: Rift only gives love to Nvidia cards.

I was on ASUS EAH HD5670 (1GB 900/1200); today I upgraded to Geforce 550ti, and it fares much better (or perhaps the fact that it has more of everything has something to do with it).

Anyhow, the truth is:
    The performance you get, is the best your GPU can push out with Rift's rendering engine.
    The only way to get more out of it is to switch to Nvidia [they are much more game-oriented it seems] (as they seem to deal with Rift better), or you simply have to get an OP ATI card to handle Rift.

Improvements:
    ASUS 5670 on high'ish settings in open-world [no AA, x16 AF]: 11-15 FPS
    550ti on sliders to the full + super sampling: 20++ FPS

Note: Meridian is going to murder your regardless of what graphics card you use (look towards getting a better COMPUTER).
    Steampike (EU) - [Defiant]Healyface <Armadillo> - Warden/Sentinel/Purifier - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzout View Post
    Nope, your computer is not bottlenecking the graphics card in some way, if you tried all the tweaks out there, and still get tremendously horrendous awfully bad evil-inspired FPS, then I have news: Rift only gives love to Nvidia cards.

I was on ASUS EAH HD5670 (1GB 900/1200); today I upgraded to Geforce 550ti, and it fares much better (or perhaps the fact that it has more of everything has something to do with it).

Anyhow, the truth is:
    The performance you get, is the best your GPU can push out with Rift's rendering engine.
    The only way to get more out of it is to switch to Nvidia [they are much more game-oriented it seems] (as they seem to deal with Rift better), or you simply have to get an OP ATI card to handle Rift.

Improvements:

Note: Meridian is going to murder your regardless of what graphics card you use (look towards getting a better COMPUTER).

I guess it's pretty true,
    I run on a Geforce GTX 275 and with all sliders to the max I still have 20 fps in crowder meridian.
    30-40 FPS while outside.

On my laptop I have a Ati 5470 & Intel i3, which isn't a great thing though..
    But on all sliders to the minimum... I have.. 2 FPS.. in the starter area.
    In "Lower Graphics Mode" I get up to 14-16 fps.
    EU <BloodIron> PvP
    <Chronic Insanity>

Zemoa's World - A Rift Blog

This gameengine does not like ati cards.
    Deal with it, best you can do is:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...fps-issue.html

and that links to this downloadpage:
    http://www.mmo-dominion.net/forums/v....php?t=6527035

Nevertheless, I feel like it worked for me but have no proof, game just feels smoother for me and a guildy i also told this.

Havent been below 15 during raiding, and 12 is lowest in EI event bossfight.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzout View Post

Anyhow, the truth is:

Improvements:

Well, at least for starters, the 5670 isn't exactly a gaming-oriented card. 5770 is a fair bit better for gaming, and it's not even THAT great for it (which is what I'm running). You also jumped up a generation AND moved toward a more gaming-oriented card (4x0 series is more equivalent to the 5xx0 series from ATi) so performance should definitely increase quite a bit. If it didn't, your new card would probably need RMA'd.

For reference: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    Your 5670 scores roughly 1200. The 550Ti scores 1878, more than 1.5x better.

As for the 5470, it's not even ON the chart - but given similar model numbers it appears it should score around 500ish. The 275 gets 1920.

As with the other poster, the performance difference isn't in the brand, it's in the quality of the particular model of card. If you buy a comparable card from each chipset manufacturer and compare those, that's a valid comparison. Instead you're essentially comparing a Corvette's top speed to that of a Ford minivan and drawing the conclusion that Fords are horrible cars and Corvettes are the only ones worth buying.
    Craig: [incredulous] Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?!
    The Doctor
    : I'm his special favourite. Shhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Rouges are overpowdered.

+ Reply to Thread