+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I don't have rifterrorhandler in my game folder?

Soulwalker

Default I don't have rifterrorhandler in my game folder?

Yeah so as I was looking for a solution to my problem (http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...er-freeze.html) I found out that for some people it helped to change the compatibility on rifterrorhandler to windows xp sp3.

Then I found out that I don't even have rifterrorhandler in my game folder... what the hell?
    I'd really appreciate help because no-one replied to my other thread and I still can't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninerva View Post
    Yeah so as I was looking for a solution to my problem (http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...er-freeze.html) I found out that for some people it helped to change the compatibility on rifterrorhandler to windows xp sp3.

Then I found out that I don't even have rifterrorhandler in my game folder... what the hell?
    I'd really appreciate help because no-one replied to my other thread and I still can't play.
    It should be in the root of the Rift folder (for retail DVD install, not sure about Steam or others). If it isn't.....reinstall maybe?

When the game is running if you alt-tab out and open the task manager it should be listed as a running process if it's on your machine at all.

As for your patching problem, you could try deleting the entire Download folder in the Rift directory, (pretty sure patch files are put here) and try patching again. This might help if there was a corrupt file there.
    CPU: i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz MB: ASUS Rampage III Extreme RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance Video: 2 x EVGA 670 FTW's in SLI HD: Crucial M4 256GB SSD LCD: Shimian 2560x1440

+ Reply to Thread