+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overheating, maybe?

Default Overheating, maybe?

Whenever I play RIFT, it lasts maybe 45 minutes as my laptop gets very hot. Then it just turns off, and won't turn on until I leave it alone for about 10-15 minutes.

Is it overheating? What do I do? =/ I've made sure to give it plenty of ventilation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jojormitar - Bahmi Elementalist/Pyromancer - Faeblight (RP! )

Plane Touched

Short answer is yes, sounds like it. You can get ventilator pads I think or one with fans in them. You don't play rift with it on your bed do you? If you do then maybe put it on a board or something.

I would get someone competent to look inside and see if it's clogs with dust demons.
    I also heard the flouride in the toothpaste is part of Stalin's mind control plot to turn mankind into a race of super robots to fight the Martian invaders.
    Originally Posted by Mr Spock
    (One of those rift players that reads the forums but never posts because I am too busy playing the game.)

Ya, I play it on my bed, but it's usually on one leg that is propped up that way there's nothing blocking the underside of it where the fans are.

Guess I'll try to find a laptop cooler with fan... how much are they? Any recommendations?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jojormitar - Bahmi Elementalist/Pyromancer - Faeblight (RP! )

+ Reply to Thread