+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug report, invisible mobs?

Soulwalker

Default Bug report, invisible mobs?

Over the past few days ive noticed that I keep coming across mobs that are invisible. I can see their names, but not them. Tab targetting works but its not hard to walk up unaware on a mob that only has a nameplate visable lol. Ive noticed it even more in dungeons where entire groups of mobs will be invisible. Relogging seems to fix it temporarily, but after a dungeon last night where i had to relog several times during the course of the dungeon, its a little annoying.

this is a common issue. sometimes the nameplate doesnt show ether.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Ascendant

Worst of all is when they drop quest items, you can see the loot 'sparklies' but can't target the corpse to loot it. I too found relogging fixed it, which makes me think it's a network glitch of some sort where some server-side info never reaches the game client, which knows there's a mob there but not how to render it.
    Last edited by Kerin; 10-20-2011 at 06:00 AM.

There's another thread about this. A whole bunch of figures named 'Invisible man.' There are also invisible objects, like cannons in Stillmoor. It's possible they're per-emplaced entities for future content.
    Last edited by Alessar; 10-20-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Rift Disciple

I fought an invisible invasion boss last night in Freemarch. I just saw the circle on the ground and the icon on the map.

I also had a problem that started with me being stuck in combat. I relogged only to find my char invisible, I relogged again to find my group mate invisible. One more relog and all was well...

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Worst of all is when they drop quest items, you can see the loot 'sparklies' but can't target the corpse to loot it. I too found relogging fixed it, which makes me think it's a network glitch of some sort where some server-side info never reaches the game client, which knows there's a mob there but not how to render it.
    I would think it is a client side glitch in that case. the network is clearly saying there is a mob there your client just isn't showing it. plus re logging almost always fixes it.

Just reload your client. That fixes all invisible mobs/players/missing textures whatever.
    These client-side errors have a tendency to pile up with time. Basically, the more time client is running, the more chance that you get something gone invisible. I often get this, when my client is running 5+ hours, heavy on location change/battles.

+ Reply to Thread