+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Crash

Telaran

Default Rift Crash

Does anyone else have an issue in Library of the Runemasters with Rift Crashing frequently? My computer screeen will take on random colors from within the games and stay that solid color-forcing me to hard reboot my computer.

As of this weekend, the chances of it occuring have decreased drastically, but during the opening weekend I couldn't even play within the new WF.

BTW, this used to happen quite frequently when going through porticulums as well(that has stopped). I'm just curious if this is an issue with Rift or if its my computer. No other game I have played has ever done this on my computer and still to this day, no other game has this this issue.

Hey there. I have not noticed my system doing anything like this with any part of rift. I would say the usual thing of checking for a video card driver update just in case one was recently released that possibly could have missed.

Telaran

I've been keeping my drivers up to date. I've noticed that this will primarily occur after a large patch is put in. Also, I know this is generally related to overheatign issues as well, but I've checked multiple times and I am not having any issues with overheating.

You could try the recovery option right after typing in your user credentials. Only takes a few moments. Maybe there's a file that was corrupted during patching.

+ Reply to Thread