+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't use a combination of WASD and Space.

Soulwalker

Default Can't use a combination of WASD and Space.

As the title says, If I'm holding down W, and I press, for example, A to turn to the right, as soon as I release A, while still holding down W, my character just stops. Likewise, if I'm holding down W and press Space to jump, it jump, but as soon as I land, my character will stop. It's like the game just ignores and key still held down when I press another.

And no, it's not my keyboard. It works just fine in World of Warcraft, so it must be something with my configuration for the game or something. Any suggestions?

Soulwalker

Bump! Any suggestions?

Soulwalker

Another bump... Nice support you got here.

Telaran

Soulwalker

What about it? That has no answer for me, beside some test holding shift down. My keyboard typed the sentence perfectly. And Microsoft's little program shows my W,A,S,D,Space AND Shift as being registered at the same time.
    Last edited by Sarg338; 09-29-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Soulwalker

Also, it doesn't matter what keys I use, it just doesn't work.

Soulwalker

Okay, I even tried to go back to the keyboard that I KNOW worked before, and it's still doing it. So there's either something up with my computer (Which I doubt, but who knows) or the game. I would LOVE to get a RIFT support person in here... Amazing they haven't posted yet.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg338 View Post
    What about it? That has no answer for me, beside some test holding shift down. My keyboard typed the sentence perfectly. And Microsoft's little program shows my W,A,S,D,Space AND Shift as being registered at the same time.
    Just trying to offer some sort of idea, you did hold both left AND right shift down at the same time right? I wouldn't expect a reply from Trion. I posted an issue for something that I can't even DOWNLOAD the game and have had a ticket open since 7am this morning with no response.

Tried resetting your keybindings to default and see if it still happens?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by phork View Post
    Just trying to offer some sort of idea, you did hold both left AND right shift down at the same time right? I wouldn't expect a reply from Trion. I posted an issue for something that I can't even DOWNLOAD the game and have had a ticket open since 7am this morning with no response.

Tried resetting your keybindings to default and see if it still happens?
    Hmmm, I don't think I did. Here's what I get with both pressed down.

QUIC BRO FOX UD OVR LAZY DOG

Eh, not the best I guess, but even so, if it was my keyboard, wouldn't it not work in WoW as well?

And yea, resetting my Keybindings to default was the first thing I did.

+ Reply to Thread