+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Faces since 1.5 patch

Soulwalker

Default Faces since 1.5 patch

I logged in today and was pleasantly surprised to see 1.5 was released.

...until I saw the faces of my characters. My main character's nose is now flatter and his beard only seems to grow on the bottom of his jaw. In fact, I think all my Mathosians suffer from wider jaws and flatter noses. It's harder to tell on my Eth, but something looks different about his nose as well.

Any clue if this will be fixed? I'm not exactly keen on rerolling just to make my character not look like he suffered someone rolling over his face with a Buick. I've attached a screenshot of his face to see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Added a before shot too from a while back. Not the best angle, but I think you can still see the differences.

Faces since 1.5 patch-aliface.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faces since 1.5 patch-alifacebefore.jpg  
    Last edited by SteelShrike; 09-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.

they improved the anti aliasing. so maybe its just showing now?

Soulwalker

It's nothing to do with anti-aliasing, I don't even have it on. The shape of the face has physically changed. You can see it in the chin where the beard no longer comes up to meet the lip. It's now inside the face.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SteelShrike View Post
    It's nothing to do with anti-aliasing, I don't even have it on. The shape of the face has physically changed. You can see it in the chin where the beard no longer comes up to meet the lip. It's now inside the face.
    Look's like he need's to go see a doctor then.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zemeckis View Post
    Look's like he need's to go see a doctor then.
    Well that's kind of what I'm hoping will happen. The doctors being the techs and/or devs in this case. :P Hopefully they'll see this and fix whatever changes they may have accidentally made to the way facial models are morphed in the game engine. I doubt I'm the only one that has this issue, unless they specifically went into my account and changed their appearance just to screw with me. <.<

Soulwalker

Upon further testing, this bug is actually very easy to reproduce if you go into character creation for a Mathosian male, set the facial hair option to 1, and start playing around with the shape of the face. If it's set somewhere in the middle of the face shape triangle, the jaw is actually larger than the beard. The beard seems to follow the original shape of the face before the patch, but the face itself has changed.

Please, if this is fixed, don't match the beard to the new face, match the face back to the beard like it used to be.
    Last edited by SteelShrike; 09-28-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Soulwalker

Yep, its the first thing i noticed when i logged in, i made a character today before servers went down, and as soon as i logged back in on that character i seen it and thought that maybe i was drunk when i created it? but then i got to looking at the rest of my human guardian characters and notice that they all look like they took a frying pan to the face. I hope this gets fixed im kinda agitated i deleted the low lvl i made beings i assumed it accidentally made it look fugly as hell lol

Getting the same thing here...My guy's got this massive under bite and his nose looks like he ran into a wall full tilt. I'm pretty agitated by this as I've got a slew of other problems occurring after this patch as well.

Here's to hoping they get it fixed.

I got a buff to underbite!

Soulwalker

Well, theres the hotfix, and still not fixed.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

The Art team is tracking this one down, something weird definitely did change there.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    The Art team is tracking this one down, something weird definitely did change there.
    It might not be a recent change. My Bahmi character randomly have their face turn Michael Jackson white and Kelari characters... Well, here's a screenshot from when I last saw this issue in 1.4 showing my character and another Kelari, both of whom are disfigured. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...-17_130433.jpg

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    Thanks for the notification, Amary. Reassuring to know it's being looked into.

Plane Touched

I have been tweeting about this issue since around March, so has my partner. Definitely not a new issue.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Davexeno View Post
    I have been tweeting about this issue since around March, so has my partner. Definitely not a new issue.
    Bah, I should have read the first page first. I was referring to the concave/convex nose/face. Not to the slight adjustment to the character's overbite/underbite or w/e. Anyway, It tracked it down the first time I noticed this issue (Not the OP's, sorry for derailing) was 09-04-2011 (see pic). Faces since 1.5 patch-2011-04-09_074733.jpgFaces since 1.5 patch-2011-04-09_074702.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast