+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the more detailed information about Coin Lock?

Soulwalker

Default Is the more detailed information about Coin Lock?

My account has been coin-locked twice in the past week. I don't know whether the Coin-locks got reset on the patch today and a few days ago or what, but I really really don't like not knowing exactly WHY the coin lock was put in place.

In my mind, and I work with companies who take personally identifiable information very seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with telling the player who happens to own the rights to the account in question, "Someone, maybe you, logged in to this account from an IP address in the range 192.168.x.x, which is different from the IP address used previously which is in the range 1.1.x.x."

At least this way I have a way of knowing whether there was actually an illegitimate attempt to access my account or if it's something trivial like my IP address changing while I was at work due to ISP maintenance or some mundane crap like that. I change my password monthly already, but I change phones like underwear so the authenticator really isn't convenient. The solution does its job to a reasonable degree, but I don't see why it can't be more informative?

I only get coin-locked when my router gets reset or turned off or some such.
    Not sure if thats the case with you, but worth checking
    Amary; Beta 5: Patch Notes 1/24/11
    "Increased the size of mushrooms so they can be seen through grass/groundclutter/badgers."

Soulwalker

I did check that, according to my FIOS router's log I've had the same IP for the last 30 days. It's been reissued a couple times, but it hasn't changed.

Prophet of Telara

The Coin Lock uses more than just your IP address, it also seems to fingerprint the PC.

I run the game on one of two PCs and when Coin Lock was first introduced I'd get locked if I logged in from one, then later logged off the first and logged in on the other. The second login got locked. This happened a few times till Trion made the system remember the IDs it's seen me log in from.

Thing is, both PCs are next to each other, connected to the same router, so as far as Trion saw them they had the same IP address, so clearly the game was IDing each PC as well.

So, can you see identify any changes on the PC itself that could have triggered with behavior?
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-26-2011 at 11:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread