+ Reply to Thread

Thread: very long load times

Rift Disciple

Default very long load times

Trying to help a guildie out who suffers from very long load times (talking a few mins when they soul recall etc)

Does anyone know what may be causing it or a potential solution. (they defrag and clean their hdd regularly)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by galdaran View Post
    Trying to help a guildie out who suffers from very long load times (talking a few mins when they soul recall etc)

Does anyone know what may be causing it or a potential solution. (they defrag and clean their hdd regularly)
    A number of things can slow down load times, generally HDD/MEM/CPU sounds like an old system in need of an upgrade or a new build.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by galdaran View Post

If its been a recent thing then its prolly Hotfix 4 that did this to a lot of people, me included.
    Last edited by Loxy41; 09-25-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    I also heard the flouride in the toothpaste is part of Stalin's mind control plot to turn mankind into a race of super robots to fight the Martian invaders.
    Originally Posted by Mr Spock
    (One of those rift players that reads the forums but never posts because I am too busy playing the game.)

Rift Disciple

If you are still using a mechanical drive and it just started happening try defragging the HD. Usually after patches the new game data is spread all over the drive and can increase seek times. Otherwise get a decent SSD drive.

+ Reply to Thread