+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serious connection issues

Default Serious connection issues

So its been mentioned before from my searches on this forum about connection issues. Now let me point out its not my connection. Every other games is fine. Browsing fine, but Rift is a different story. I dont think Ive had one night of gaming where im constantly disconnected from Rifts server. Its getting to a point now where Im possibly going to cancel my sub due to the hassle im having just in order to play a game.

Now is anything been done about this problem, or have I missed a thread on a possible fix.

Anyone?.

Thanks.

Soulwalker

Same problem here and I have researched it but nothing seems to work. I have reset my modem, I have called my cable company to see if maybe they can see a problem but everything looks and works great with everything else. I don't have any connection problems while playing Black Ops but when I log into this game I will get dropped twice or three times a night and sometimes none at all.

Your only being dropped 2-3 times a night? I am being dropped 2-3 times every 30 minutes! I too have called my isp and they say all is fine on their end, I do not lag while surfing the net... only in game do I lag and get kicked. Getting old real fast!

Soulwalker

havent had any issues before but the same started for me lat night.

A couple of guildies also experienced lags and disconnections.

Its the same this morning.

Btw i am on whitefall.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by furyweb View Post
    So its been mentioned before from my searches on this forum about connection issues. Now let me point out its not my connection. Every other games is fine. Browsing fine, but Rift is a different story. I dont think Ive had one night of gaming where im constantly disconnected from Rifts server. Its getting to a point now where Im possibly going to cancel my sub due to the hassle im having just in order to play a game.

Now is anything been done about this problem, or have I missed a thread on a possible fix.

Anyone?.

Thanks.
    Could be a number of possibilities, ISP,Modem/Router or servers. when you get disconnected check your modem to see if it hasnt droped out. I had a Netgear Router last year that started reseting my connection randomly -12 times every half hour drove me nuts trying to find the cause.

Could also be th server you play on but then again if no one else on that server is experiencing same disconnects or could be your ISP.

I was getting dropouts once, and i rang MY ISP and they said everything was fine their end, so i figured it was my modem (had it couple years) so i went out bought a new one and ended up with same problems, turned out to be a problem with the exchange around the corner, dont believe everything your ISP tells when they say everything is fine their end. Half the time its not.

Hope you sort your issue out, nothing worse then not being able to play a game you enjoy.
    Last edited by Cordain; 09-25-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffsy View Post
    Your only being dropped 2-3 times a night? I am being dropped 2-3 times every 30 minutes! I too have called my isp and they say all is fine on their end, I do not lag while surfing the net... only in game do I lag and get kicked. Getting old real fast!
    Same, started happening last night the 24th. No problem with TS at the same time (and no overlay active either). Was able to chat away with the rest of my raid as i came and left repeatedly.

An update if its of any use. Seems Certain internet providers of throttling connection on anything they class as P2P. Rift being one. So im on Virgin Media and they are one of them. So far from reading up, its not been resovled as such. So it looks like im in the deep end and not getting out when it comes to playing Rift smoothley.

Soulwalker

I have the same issue as well. And I can't figure out what's exactly happening. About 4 patches ago, I reconfigured my router's wireless settings, from WEP to WPA2. And so, the router settings were all fresh and new. Since my computer uses LAN wiring, it shouldn't be causing problems.

And just about that time I started seeing people complain about disconnections from game, I thought it was more of a game connection problem.

These disconnections are random for me. Some day I get no disconnections; some day I get disconnection once every 10 mins. Majority of the disconnections often happen in towns like Meridian, and usually I just idle in the city without doing anything.

+ Reply to Thread