+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fullscreen Mode Problem

Soulwalker

Default Fullscreen Mode Problem

I'm encountering the same problem I had with World of Warcraft, and it's a problem that (with WoW) was fixed eventually though I don't know what changed to make it so.

The problem is and was that I can't start the game from the launcher with Fullscreen mode. Instead my entire screen goes black and nothing fixes it except a hard restart. If I start with windowed mode then enter the game, I can switch to fullscreen with no problem. Quitting the game in Fullscreen mode also causes the same problems.

I expect it has something to do with pop-ups on the Desktop, which WoW can handle now but couldn't before. As I said I don't know what they did that changed it.

Windows its self does pop ups to remind me about updates and such so I don't think the fix can be provided on my end. =/ Is Trion looking into a fix so that the game can handle interruptions from other programs on the User's comp?

I'm willing to provide more information if necessary. I'd like to help fix this small problem as fast as possible. =)

Sincerely,
    Twilightarc

Soulwalker

Default ?

Just me then?

Soulwalker

Default Update

Updated video driver, but it hasn't fixed anything.

Still wont log into game or exit in Fullscreen mode. Funny when I try to exit in fullscreen mode I can still hear the game it's just that the screen goes black and I can't do anything at that point.

I found away to disable taskbar notifications so I'm not getting popups anymore but the screen will still randomly go black during gameplay as well. Might still have to do with pop ups because AVG wants to do scans every so often.

WoW doesn't have this problem anymore though it used to. So it really seems to me to be an issue on Trion's end.

Prophet of Telara

Not see this in WOW, Rift, LoTRO or any other game, in XP, Win 7 32-bit or 64-bit, so seems more likely your end with something stealing focus on the Desktop.

The only time I've seen this at all is with Input Director which use to run two PCs from a single keyboard/mouse, and that's clearly a case of an app. forcing Windows to show the desktop but then something happening which prevents it happening.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-22-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Rather than running in purely Fullscreen, try running Windowed/Fullscreen and see what happens.

I've always tended to run in Windowed-fullscreen as it tends to keep life simpler when tabbing to other applications (e.g. Internet browser).
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Soulwalker

Default ..

I don't have an input director. And if it's my end why don't I have the same problem with other games I play on full screen?

And Yes I have to play on windowed maximized. I'd like to play on fullscreen though.

+ Reply to Thread