+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift shutdown my pc

Soulwalker

Default Rift shutdown my pc

When i start rift, i login, all right, load the screen, i see everything ok, nothing happens, BUT when i move, my pc just shutdown...have no idea what can it be, have windows 7 x64 SP1, all drivers updated.

My config is P8P67-M, i3 3.1GHz, Andyson 600W, GTX 560 Hawk 1GB, 2x4GB corsair 1333.

I use to play Deus EX and Dead Island on full normally, and tested the Furmark on max for 10 minutes and nothing weird happens...do anyone have idea what is wrong ?

Thanks.

Champion

No BSoD?

Click START, type Event Viewer in the search box, launch the app.

Now look in the Application and System logs for errors that occurred at the time of the system shutdown.

Also, just so you know, Deus Ex and Dead Island are both console ports. Neither are nearly as stressful on your hardware as Rift. However, if you are running FurMark at comparable settings to your Rift in-game video settings, then that would seem to indicate a software issue.
    Last edited by imperator; 09-09-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Sounds like either the fan on your CPU or the fan on your videocard has died. Before starting the game, open the case and check if the fans on cpu and gpu are working, also you might want to look for a layer of dust behind the cpu fan (the pc has to be off and you need a flashlight to see it). The fins on the radiator could be clean on the sides but you can have a solid layer of dust behind the fan.
    Last edited by kaboro; 09-09-2011 at 02:34 PM.

another option is to check out your powersupply. It could be that when Rift starts to load the actual game world, the video card draws more power than your PSU can provide.

How old is the PSU? Does it have the dedicated connectors for the video card or just adapters that are piggy-backing off of one of the normal power cables?

Soulwalker

That is the weird thing, isnt fan my case is open now, and i test furmark here, on full its very stressfull to the GPU for 10 minutes and nothing bad happen...

I load the game, it loads all the world, no problem, when i move that the crash comes...

Soulwalker

Problem solved, was the power supply, with the Andyson 650F(600W ) was ha ving problem , i tried a 400W real (500w max) corsair Power supply and worked !!!
    So, i strongly recommend to NOT use/buy/waste money with Andyson.
    Thanks for everyone that helped.

+ Reply to Thread