+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horrific character loading times with 9/8 hotfix

Rift Master

Default Horrific character loading times with 9/8 hotfix

Going from character select screen to game is taking way, way longer today after the 9/8 hotifx.

Time used to be negligible and is now very, very noticeable and taking 5-10x longer than before.

Something similar happened with a hotfix before, and it's on YOUR end, not OUR end...

When it happened before you could repair the game and it would improve for a few loads but eventually went to hell again so it's pretty much a complete waste of time to repair other than to have a few moments of sanity.
    Last edited by Voqar; 09-08-2011 at 10:24 AM.

I wish to chime in on this, as this HAS happened...and it is pretty bad.

I have 8 gigs DDR 1600, an OCZ Agility 2 SSD and ...well, massively more system than this game needs.

Now, the loads pause at ZERO for up to 5 seconds before the load continues. Ridiculous.

Please fix.
    The biggest little guild this side of Texas - Simple Complexities
    WEBSITE

Quote Originally Posted by RankNVile View Post
    I wish to chime in on this, as this HAS happened...and it is pretty bad.

I have 8 gigs DDR 1600, an OCZ Agility 2 SSD and ...well, massively more system than this game needs.

Now, the loads pause at ZERO for up to 5 seconds before the load continues. Ridiculous.

Please fix.
    /signed

raided ssd's here too.

Playing ANYTHING with Gebrile/Tenecabo/Cabotene in the name.
    "Rogues were put in PvP for wars who need a bloodthirsty proc while killing a caster." - Lyanna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo 1.4 chlor dom video I made.. couple others in there too. Another video in the making coming soon!

+ Reply to Thread