+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low performance issues

Soulwalker

Default Low performance issues

Hoping someone from Trion can take a look at my DxDiag specs below and help me understand why I get 5fps in a city, and about 15 outside. Also, why NPC's take a good 30s-1m to load. I actually walked away to get a drink the other day, and came back and the Port master in Meridian hadn't loaded yet.

DxDiag.txt

Thank you!

Champion

You are being bottlenecked by your CPU.

Few questions to help get you better performance:

What in-game video settings are you trying to use? Does your FPS increase if you turn the in-game video settings to low? Is the game installed on the same HDD as the OS?

My guess is you are trying to run this game on settings way higher than the CPU can handle. I suggest turning the video settings all the way down and step stuff up one by one until you get a good performance v quality ratio.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    You are being bottlenecked by your CPU.

Few questions to help get you better performance:

What in-game video settings are you trying to use? Does your FPS increase if you turn the in-game video settings to low? Is the game installed on the same HDD as the OS?

My guess is you are trying to run this game on settings way higher than the CPU can handle. I suggest turning the video settings all the way down and step stuff up one by one until you get a good performance v quality ratio.
    The game is installed on a second drive which is defragged weekly. When I turn the graphics to 0 my fps jumps to a blazing 20. I run Crysis 2 at full at 65fps, and it is by far more graphics intensive. The Powersaving, etc suggestions in the NVidia performance thread are also set appropriately. If you'r saying that the game won't run at least decently on 2 year old hardware, I'm saying "see ya".

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by brs12 View Post
    The game is installed on a second drive which is defragged weekly. When I turn the graphics to 0 my fps jumps to a blazing 20. I run Crysis 2 at full at 65fps, and it is by far more graphics intensive. The Powersaving, etc suggestions in the NVidia performance thread are also set appropriately. If you'r saying that the game won't run at least decently on 2 year old hardware, I'm saying "see ya".

Crysis 2 is a console portal; it isn't even in the same ballpark in resource intensive.

Your issue is a combination of CPU bottlenecking and delayed data reads from a secondary HDD.

Also, your hardware is not 2 years old as the Phenom 9600 was released Q4 2007.
    Last edited by imperator; 09-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread