+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't stop running

Soulwalker

Default Can't stop running

I created a new alt tonight. I moved down to the first quest giver, collected the quest and went to move off when my alt started runnnig. Whilst the other movement keys changed my direction I could not stop running forward.

Once I "parked" in a corner I could not log out or exit as the countdown timer kept disappearing before I could click "exit now". I therefore had to use Task Manager to close Rift. I started it up again and went on to one of my existing alts and the same thing happened.

Suspecting a stuck key on the keyboard I loaded WoW and my movement is fine on there. Forgotten how basic the WoW graphics were so quickly logged off once I had checked that I could move ok.

My keyboard is a Logitech G15.

Any idea why my keyboard appears to be stuck in Rift but is fine in WoW?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rygel16 View Post
    I created a new alt tonight. I moved down to the first quest giver, collected the quest and went to move off when my alt started runnnig. Whilst the other movement keys changed my direction I could not stop running forward.

Once I "parked" in a corner I could not log out or exit as the countdown timer kept disappearing before I could click "exit now". I therefore had to use Task Manager to close Rift. I started it up again and went on to one of my existing alts and the same thing happened.

Suspecting a stuck key on the keyboard I loaded WoW and my movement is fine on there. Forgotten how basic the WoW graphics were so quickly logged off once I had checked that I could move ok.

In Rift.. what happens when you hit numlock or back?
    Intel i7-2600k | CoolIT Vantage A.L.C. | ASUS Sabertooth P67 | 2 ASUS Geforce GTX 570 (fermi) in SLI | 4x4Gb Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz | 2 Corsair Force Series GT 120 Gb Sata III SSD in Raid 0 | WD 1TB 7200rpm Sata III Black HDD | Corsair AX850

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CuzzChemist View Post
    In Rift.. what happens when you hit numlock or back?
    Neither key makes a difference.

When I log in I am fine until I hit any move key. This time I tried the "A" and I moved slightly to the left the charged forward.

Q,E, A and D change direction. S does nothing. Likewise left & right arrows work but foward and back are useless.

Soulwalker

Problem solved.

I noticed that when I logged in to an Alt again after having the problem it started in the same location as where it started previously rather than where I had "parked" it to exit when the problem started.

This time I used the arrows keys to move rather than the letters. Movement is now fine on both arrows and letters.

Will monitor and update as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygel16 View Post

I saw a low lvl doing that earlier today i figured he was lagging untill i came back about an hour later

+ Reply to Thread