+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coin Lock system and why it does not work.

Soulwalker

Default Coin Lock system and why it does not work.

When I first started the game and I saw the coin lock system I thought it was a really good idea, however about a month ago I was shown how it doesn't work, and last night this was made very clear when an officer in my guild got his account hacked and removed all the money and items from our guild bank.

The reason this happened is because when an account gets hacked, the first thing a hacker is going to do, is likely change the email attached to the account, now this is exactly why the coin lock system does not work, because when the person who hacked the account logs on, the coin lock sends an email to the address attached to the account, and because that has been changed, the person who hacked the account just turns off the coin lock themselves.

Trion, I really hope you can find a way around this, because although it looked like a nice system, it really doesn't work.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ghan View Post
    When I first started the game and I saw the coin lock system I thought it was a really good idea, however about a month ago I was shown how it doesn't work, and last night this was made very clear when an officer in my guild got his account hacked and removed all the money and items from our guild bank.

The reason this happened is because when an account gets hacked, the first thing a hacker is going to do, is likely change the email attached to the account, now this is exactly why the coin lock system does not work, because when the person who hacked the account logs on, the coin lock sends an email to the address attached to the account, and because that has been changed, the person who hacked the account just turns off the coin lock themselves.

Trion, I really hope you can find a way around this, because although it looked like a nice system, it really doesn't work.
    I'd be weary of your guildmate. Likely he's 15 and the type of person that would jack everything from the guild for his own gain. If you go to your account homepage and log in, see what happens when you change your e-mail address.

It not only requires your password (which obviously the hacker has) it requires the two answers to your secret questions. The chances a hacker can guess my Library Card Number and my childhood best friend are slim to none. The chances the hacker knew those answers to your guildmates questions are also extremely unlikely.

It is my suspicion that your guild officer is just immoral. It would be advised to (if you want) ask the player about it and that returning the goods would be just. It is unlikely this will work and asking a GM to intervene would be a waste of your time as well as his. The best thing I would suggest, in the very least, is to leave the guild and distance yourself from this player.
    Intel i7-2600k | CoolIT Vantage A.L.C. | ASUS Sabertooth P67 | 2 ASUS Geforce GTX 570 (fermi) in SLI | 4x4Gb Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz | 2 Corsair Force Series GT 120 Gb Sata III SSD in Raid 0 | WD 1TB 7200rpm Sata III Black HDD | Corsair AX850

+ Reply to Thread