Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: External IP address changed error

Default External IP address changed error

Getting:

external ip changed since last login. please exit game username password

when I try to log in.
    Can't even get to Character Select to get the Coin Lock... just shuts me down on the loading screen prior to Char Select.

This happened months before... was a 'known problem' then. Would have thought it would have been fixed by now. The "fix" was to 'just keep trying to log in...'
    I have been doing so, still same error.

Very annoyed. Have a raid scheduled for tonight... and the Half-Birthday stuff I could be doing.

Soulwalker

yay! u have the same problem as me!

I have to relog 50 times a night before raid. oh yea u just have to be persistent ccause I had this stupid problem for months.

LOL

Well finally able to get in.
    Can this be fixed Trion... seems I'm not alone here.

I am getting that error, too. I thought it was because I'm in the process of moving, and I'm trying to log in from a hotel. I was expecting the coin lock... but I haven't gotten that yet.

This is very disappointing. I haven't been able to even try to play for days, and now that I'm no longer traveling, I can't play.

Okay, I just did a test.

I went to a website "www.whatismyip.com" and saw my IP address. I tried to sign into Rift, got the IP changed error, and went back to www.whatismyip.com. The IP had not changed. To verify, I repeated the process. The IP is still the same.

Whatever the problem is, it does not seem to be the IP.

I am trying to access Rift from a public network, at a hotel. I never had this problem when using Rift at home, nor when using Rift during a TDY trip a few months ago.

I'd appreciate any help; I'd really like to not miss the birthday event and achievements because of a glitch.

Champion

whatismyip.com is BS. If your ISP connects you to the WWW via NAPT (which is about 99% of all commercial ISPs), then what you are seeing is the IP that it shows for every host on the same network.

Rift, being a server-client distributed app, sees your actual host IP. You can see this by opening your command line utility and entering ipconfig /all

What is most likely happening is you are connecting from behind a firewall or proxy, or your networks host router assigns IPs with a very short leases, which would not be surprising for a hotel/motel network.
    Last edited by imperator; 08-28-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Soulwalker

I'm having this issue too everytime I try to log via mobile internet. I'd like to read an answer of the tech support team, just cancelled my sub because of it (I oppened a support ticket also). I can't beliave that simply you can't play if you have a mobile conection. And in case that you won't be able to fix it, it should be added to the requeriments of the game.

RIFT Customer Support Representative The Admiral's Avatar

Hello Everyone,

It is not that your IP address is changing from one location to another such as playing from work and home or from another internet source. The reason for the error is that when you enter your login information and sign in we log your IP address and if that IP address is different when you then connect to our game servers which happens only seconds later we will return that error.

Now this can be due to one of many things such as a mobile broadband connection or connecting from a secure location such as work or a university connection. These types of connections will often route your login traffic through a secure proxy which returns one IP address to us and then when you connect to our game servers they will not route that through the same proxy as it doesn't involve secure data and so it returns a separate IP address to us. This also happens due to a number of different load balancing techniques hotels and workplaces etc use.

We can fix this issue for you however. You will need to contact our support team, https://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app...etail/a_id/478

The Admiral.

RELEASE THE ADMIRAL

Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    whatismyip.com is BS. If your ISP connects you to the WWW via NAPT (which is about 99% of all commercial ISPs), then what you are seeing is the IP that it shows for every host on the same network.

Rift, being a server-client distributed app, sees your actual host IP. You can see this by opening your command line utility and entering ipconfig /all

What is most likely happening is you are connecting from behind a firewall or proxy, or your networks host router assigns IPs with a very short leases, which would not be surprising for a hotel/motel network.
    I tried using that ipconfig /all command, before and after trying to connect to Rift, and I did not see the IP addresses change. They look like they are leased for 24 hour periods.

I wish I could copy/paste the info here, but I don't know how to copy from that window (unless I make a screenshot).

Meanwhile, this is frustrating. I used Rift from another hotel several months ago, with no problem (except that I got coinlocked). But now I can't use it.

Edited: Because I did not see the customer service representative post while I was posting this. Thanks, I will try contacting the people at the given address.
    Last edited by Palvy; 08-29-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Seriously...

I'm deployed and they have base wide public WiFi and this sh!t is pissing me off. I have no problem with any other MMO so Trion needs to get their head out of their *** or their gonna start losing subs over a dumb reason they can fix. They put this extra security on your account. well ya know what leave the security to us its our responsibility anyways you wankers. Fix it Trion or me and 13 of my other buddies who are deployed with me are all gonna cancel subs cause you waste our time. Worthless Trion. SW:TOR is gonna blow your puny game out of the water then your gonna lose everybody anyway.
    Last edited by Rudolpho; 08-31-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Default And you guys dont give a F*CK apparently

This is still a common problem do you people at Trion just not give a **** about anyone cause were paying you or what?

Soulwalker

Default Seriously can a GM please respond?

Can I get some friggin help this is rediculous!!! I've been trying since 7 in the am and its friggin 11:46am now so seriously GIMME SOME HELP holy **** Trion show you care a little bit

Soulwalker

I sent a message to tech support and they changed a setting on my account which fixed the problem for me. Because im using 3g connection which isnt static.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolpho View Post
    Can I get some friggin help this is rediculous!!! I've been trying since 7 in the am and its friggin 11:46am now so seriously GIMME SOME HELP holy **** Trion show you care a little bit
    You should cancel... your attitude stinks and it'd be a better place without you.

Shadowlander

Bump.

Please sort out this issue.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast