+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Low quality textures bug - after 1.4 patch

Default Low quality textures bug - after 1.4 patch

i run the game since it came out on max settings - max textures, effects , AA , resolution 1920X1200 - everything maxed. also getting decent FPS : 35-45 FPS.

after patch 1.4 i have noticed that SOME of my armor parts having low texture appearance.
    while other parts are usuall high res textures.

i looked around other players , and some have same bug - some of their armor parts are plain low textures.

my settings didnt change btw. if i re-log , it fix it temporarily.
    but after switching some gear about or walking around - the low textures appear again.
    i also noticed it on mounts.

it never happened before 1.4 patch.

here are some screenshots - with the low texture bug , and after reloging to character screen and logging back in game to same spot.

look at left horse textures :

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4633/bug1s.jpg

then after i relogged :

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2344/normalfa.jpg

and another - check the armor , and shoulders parts - low bugged textures :

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2433/bug2xh.jpg

and after i relogged :

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9562/normal2aj.jpg

so u see the problem its clear.

btw - i uninstalled my nvidia drivers , clean reinstaled of latest ones.
    havent installed any other new progrem on PC pastl few days.
    rift before 1.4 patch was fine , no texture issues.

system specs :
    intel core i7 920
    6giga ddr3
    gigabyte geforce 580gtx
    windows 7 64bit

Default more screenshots

here is another good example :

Low texture bug on armor - especially chest piece :

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9284/bug3ot.jpg

and after doing a Relog :

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5269/normal3g.jpg

update :

it seems the relog temporary fix , only effecting MY character.
    all other character armor keep showing LOW textures - blurry and unsharp.

its not a problem at my end (with my PC) - if it was drivers issue or something else - then ALL NPC and character would have had low textures OR all were sharp and clear (hi-res).

when one character (mine) have high res textures and the character i stand near has low - its something with the programming. (especially since it started only after patch 1.4).

can anyone confirm having same problem ?

Confirmed the same problem , on another PC.

Asus laptop -
    core i7
    8giga ddr3
    nvidia Geforce 460m

if thhe problems shows only after 1.4 and on different unrelated pc's , then its something with the game/patch/programming i believe.

it was fine on both those pc's before 1.4

anyone getting the same problem?

Soulwalker

I can confirm this bug, as it is happening to me also.

I also run with max settings and am seeing everyone but myself with terribly blurred and low quality textured armor, pretty much exactly what you've shown in the screenshots.

My own armor and mount are perfectly fine and rendered in max, but everyone else and even some environment objects (chairs, fences, tables) is being displayed in a much lower quality.

P.S-Logging/restarting doesn't help at all for me.

I figured its not something only i experience - because i tested on 2 different computers, which has completely different hardware (one is desktop and one is laptop) and using both i see this bug , and it only started after 1.4

it has to do with something in the game programming that got messed up with the latest patching.

just for info - few more stuff i tried which didnt help so far :

1. un-installing the game completely - and re-installed all 9~ giga of the game from fresh start. - didn't help.
    2. deleting the Rift.CFG file and running the game , so the game created a new one. - didn't help.
    3. comletly removed and cleaned any trace of my Nvidia drivers and tested again with fresh install of the latest drivers / latest WHQL / latest beta drivers - didn't help.

i mail the support team -
    they suggested my background program interfering with Rift - although i didnt install anything new before patch 1.4 or after , i did as they instructed me , and canceled all backround programs and startup programs. - but the problem remains.

they asked me to check if this happens in less populated areas - i tried everywhere, and in dungeons - the problem is always there.

i am going to log at noon to the PTS server , wondered if the problem is on PTS also.

will update this post when answer as soon as i can.

Soulwalker

Default Same here

Having exact same problem :/ It's not just you

Soulwalker

Thought I'd post a Screenshot comparison as well, both pictures taken with max setting and supersampling turned on.

Here's a picture of Just my character, Notice the high rez textures and the light reflection on some pieces:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2iracqo.jpg

And here's a Pictures of my character standing behind another with the low rez armor textures bug, notice the heavy blur esp on the chest:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2u5rja8.jpg

Now compare my character standing in the background to the one in the foreground.
    You can clearly see the difference in quality..

I also seem to get extremely reduced frame rates in sanctum since the last patch (from 60+ to less than 30)

I hope Trion gets around to fixing or even acknowledging these bugs soon as they are starting to impact my outlook on this game.

I am glad u posted screenshot also - and its exactly what i am experiencing.

more and more reports of this problem starts to show up, and its clear now its something that went wrong in the last patch , something in the programming from game side (developer/Trion) went a bit messy it seems.

i also believe many other ppl (if not most) having the same issue. since obviously it happens to more then one or two, plus i myself tested it on 2 different computers. so i think its clear its not on the user-side and its something to do with the game and the patch.

i also believe that ppl maybe having hard time to spot it at start - since :
    A. many not using max settings, so the game look normal to them.
    B. since its only effecting ARMOR, if u moving around and don't stop to examine ppl armor appearance , the game from far camera and the actual environment - looks as usual.

only when u stop and examine the armor - u see how bad the textures became after the patch.

i really hope someone of the development team confirm they are working on it. it really looks bad.
    Last edited by Titanium; 08-07-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Hotfix #3 is out - and no mention to the textures bug ppl experiencing.

anyone found a temporary solution to this until they sort it out ? it really starting to feel like this is going to get overlooked for a while , and its like playing an old game which is meh.

Soulwalker

I have a similar bug after 1.4 patch. But on my character and mounts textures appear normal. On the other players armor textures are noticeably worse. Relog has no effect.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2ecgc9k.jpg
    http://i51.tinypic.com/330cvvb.jpg
    Last edited by MeGaZlo; 08-09-2011 at 09:41 AM.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into it, and it should be resolved in a coming hotfix.
    Last edited by Blusun; 08-09-2011 at 10:38 AM.

thanks for the replay.

i definitely feel more comfortable that someone from the DEV team acknowledged this thread and looking into it.

to Blusun :
    u said its gonna get resolved in the coming #hotfix, i was sure u mean #hotfix 3 for patch 1.4 that was released today (EU).

but the problem is still there.

did u mean the next hotfix after this one ?

p.s :
    have u managed to find out what the problem is or at least duplicate it on your computers ?
    would be nice to get conformation that development team actually found the source of the problem and currantly working on an actual fix.

cheers

Oh thankfully this will be fixed then. I only noticed it last night. I have the exact same issue as MeGaZlo. My textures look fine, but everyone else (mounts included) look like there wearing low resolution textures.
    My girlfried has the same issue too.

example http://oi51.tinypic.com/eledcx.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Blusun View Post
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into it, and it should be resolved in a coming hotfix.
    So far there was hotfix #3 + yesterday hotfix #4 and some silent update today (without patch notes).

still no fix to the texture problem or any further mention of it from the development team.

is it possible to get some update on the issue -
    has the problem source been discovered ?
    if so - is there an actual fix in the works ?
    and is there any ETA when this going to get fixed ?

seems to me that this is kind of a serious bug , if the game renders all armor textures in low quality - personally it would be something would like to fix in one of the first priorities if i was a developer of a game.
    Last edited by Titanium; 08-11-2011 at 08:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast