+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trojan found while running patch update 1.3 Hotfix #14

Soulwalker

Default Trojan found while running patch update 1.3 Hotfix #14

I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on my Windows Vista Home Premium laptop and after I've downloaded the patch and the update starts to run, I receive a Kaspersky notice that it has found a Trojan Downloader - Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.aces - from the following URL - and asks me if I'd like to continue or block.

http://update2.triongames.com/ch1-li...7295c053bc85e6

Obviously I don't want a Trojan on my system so I block it and the update halts and the RIFT patch client gives an error of #1003

Why is Kaspersky finding a Trojan-Downloader on the Trion update servers?

Soulwalker

False positive..

Hello,

Kaspersky has confirmed that this is a false-positive and there is no Trojan Virus within the update. You may try contacting Kaspersky support if you would like any additional information regarding this.

Thank you for your patience in dealing with this issue and your continued support of both Trion Worlds and RIFT!

The Bard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Hello,

Kaspersky has confirmed that this is a false-positive and there is no Trojan Virus within the update. You may try contacting Kaspersky support if you would like any additional information regarding this.

Thank you for your patience in dealing with this issue and your continued support of both Trion Worlds and RIFT!

The Bard
    I use Kaspersky as well and had a trojan pop up in an earlier patch as a false pos. Put Rift.exe and Riftpatcher.exe in the exclusion and dont even scan Rift!

I'm noticing a trend of these with Kaspersky... might want to get in talks with them to fix the overall problem, not just band-aid it.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Another reason to not use Kaspersky, cant tell what the heck a virus is lol

Shadowlander

Or could it be that the code within the updates adds something similar to what a trojan might have?

After all RIft comes with "anti-cheating" security, so Kapersky could just be picking some of this up when it scans."

Rift's "security" acts similar to "malicious" programs, very similar to WoW's Warden.
    Warden has also been picked up as "malicious" in the past from various security programs.

+ Reply to Thread