+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interrupting/stopping macros

Shadowlander

Question Interrupting/stopping macros

I have a very simple macro:

cast DoT
    wait 25
    say DoT wearing off, recast!

However, I use many macros (mostly for jokes), and if I want to use one of those, I have to wait for my "DoT wearing off, recast!" message to pop up first.

What is the command for interrupting/stopping a macro? (Yes, I've tried looking. No, I couldn't find it.)
    Celera, Defiant Rogue
    Leader of <Queen and Country>
    Deepwood Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Tienna View Post
    I have a very simple macro:

cast DoT
    wait 25
    say DoT wearing off, recast!

However, I use many macros (mostly for jokes), and if I want to use one of those, I have to wait for my "DoT wearing off, recast!" message to pop up first.

What is the command for interrupting/stopping a macro? (Yes, I've tried looking. No, I couldn't find it.)
    Edit the macro and don't put it on the casting one. create a second 1 if you really want to announce somethings is coming off of a target, and use it at the end of that dot.

having a command for interrupting/stopping a macro is debug level commands, and I doubt Trion would let you have those, so the best solution is not to create the macro that basically is being used for 25 seconds. Instead use 2 different macros First [Cast, and say what you want at the moment] Second, to be used at the end of the spell [Say what you want about that target / dot waring off]

Shadowlander

The problem with that is that it's more of a self-reminder macro to tell myself "you need to recast the DoT". (I don't actually /say, but use a private channel to tell myself.) That also reminds me to go down my chain of spells/DoTs etc.

It's just easier (and lazier) for me to watch the party chatter than my buffs/enemy debuffs.

Thanks, though. Wasn't sure if it could be done.
    Celera, Defiant Rogue
    Leader of <Queen and Country>
    Deepwood Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Tienna View Post
    The problem with that is that it's more of a self-reminder macro to tell myself "you need to recast the DoT". (I don't actually /say, but use a private channel to tell myself.) That also reminds me to go down my chain of spells/DoTs etc.

It's just easier (and lazier) for me to watch the party chatter than my buffs/enemy debuffs.

Thanks, though. Wasn't sure if it could be done.

The Curse client has a FEW and I mean few rift addons http://www.curse.com/ and I remember seeing a rotation one but I haven't tested it. I do have the Curse client myself, but I've not used any addons for rift.

+ Reply to Thread