+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why is my framerate only 3-4 fps, I've run out of ideas why

Telaran

Default why is my framerate only 3-4 fps, I've run out of ideas why

using an Acer aspire x1700 model cpu.

4 gig ddr2 ram
    duel core 2.4 gig processer
    nvidia g100 video card *card processor not on board*

my cousins cpu which has lower specs and is a laptop plays it fine, but mine seems to not want to. it runs most other things i put on it without fail, anime, movies ect with blue ray graphics. we've closed all the excess programs on vista with msconfig, as well as tried closing down our antivirus to see if that was doing it, but some reason it still doesn't wanna run. the video card supports 512 meg. and I'm completely clueless as to what may be preventing it from reaching more then 1-4ish average fps. all background programs are closed as well but it still seems to fail. and it's on the games minimum settings.

IXI

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...sues-post-1.3.

Also, your video card really isn't that good. You should aim for anything over a 8800GT/4850 if you plan on playing any games. There are a lot of great cards in the $100-150 range. You can probably pick up a 460GTX for around $150. You can run Rift on less, but I wouldn't recommend it, minimum looks pretty awful.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

Telaran

my cousin runs it on a inferior video card and it runs perfectly fine, playign on his comp right now

+ Reply to Thread