+ Reply to Thread

Thread: As of 8:00 PM, still no "UPDATE" option when I open the launcher

Prophet of Telara

Default As of 8:00 PM, still no "UPDATE" option when I open the launcher

Still can't download the patch. When I open the launcher it just says "Play". When I click play it goes to the new character creation screen as if I don't have a character. Earlier today it was saying I was running the wrong version of the game, but now this is happening so something has changed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
    Still can't download the patch. When I open the launcher it just says "Play". When I click play it goes to the new character creation screen as if I don't have a character. Earlier today it was saying I was running the wrong version of the game, but now this is happening so something has changed.
    I am getting the same thing. I can't even see shard statuses from the RIFT home page. Any word on when the game is going to be back up?

Soulwalker

Nevermind, update applied and currently in game.

Soulwalker

Still have this issue. Is there any word on this being a known problem or is it just me? Not seeing much on the forums about others being stuck with this problem. Tried recover and updating an old backed up version which updated the missing 1.2 hotfixes then stopped in the same place.

Having the same problem, I run the launcher, log in and it just says Play but I can't Update. Have tried reloading the launcher a bunch of times to no avail. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Soulwalker

Finally got Update to come up, ran it and downloaded around 770mb which I guess was 1.3. Soon as that is done it tells me to download the entire game client again to patch. Hit Recover in the hope that would fix it which then finished and told me I needed to download 7GB which is pretty much the whole game .

As my copy of Rift was working just fine before everything went down at 8.00am PST I would love to know what the heck happened. I work in Cambodia and it is going to take around 30-36 hours to download the whole thing again. Yes that is slow and no I don't have the option of better internet. Really don't want to get to the end of the download in a day and a half and see something else go wrong .

Any advice would be appreciated. I do have a back up copy without the 770mb download which I could use if there is a solution.

+ Reply to Thread