+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update prompts full re-download

Rift Disciple

Default Update prompts full re-download

So when I log in and attempt to update for 1.3 I receive the following pop-up:

"Region you are connecting to has not yet been updated, but will be soon. If you want to play now in this region a full re-download is necessary. Proceed?"

If I click yes, it begin a 10gb download, if I click no it just sits at the patch notes screen and does nothing. I have to re-download the game to patch to 1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiska View Post
    So when I log in and attempt to update for 1.3 I receive the following pop-up:

"Region you are connecting to has not yet been updated, but will be soon. If you want to play now in this region a full re-download is necessary. Proceed?"

If I click yes, it begin a 10gb download, if I click no it just sits at the patch notes screen and does nothing. I have to re-download the game to patch to 1.3?
    No you don't need to download the game again to patch to 1.3. Wait until the maintenance on the servers is complete and then try to download the game.

I'm getting a message that a full-redownload is required as well. That's the entirety of the message. I redownloaded the 9.21gb file, it installed, and when I went to click "Update" it told me another full-redownload was required.

What?!?

Everyone, please look down...like 2 threads..there have been 20+ threads exactly like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Soulwalker

Everything you need to know is here..just cancel it and continue waiting for the update to be deployed.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PDT-6-22-11-**

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Everyone, please look down...like 2 threads..there have been 20+ threads exactly like this.
    I've been playing the game through a lot of patches. I've never had any issue download the patch, so it struck me as odd, hence me posting here.

Thanks for directing me to a thread with a link to another thread where a dev responded "we're working on it".

+ Reply to Thread