+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dual GPU card, FPS drops. Memory Leak.

Default Dual GPU card, FPS drops. Memory Leak.

Hey guys, anyone noticed an FPS drop from 50 down to 20 or 60 down to 20 on this game, seems to happen every minute and the only way to fix it is by Alt+Tab out and back in, i have seen this happenening with Dual GPU cards and Sli/Xfire setups, its not just limited to one manufacturer, i have to do it a little to frequently and its driving me nuts, like some posts have suggested it seems like a memory leak or atleast the same behaviour of a memory leak. My psecs are as follow.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    AMD Phenom II 965 B.E
    PNY Xlr8 9800GX2
    Kingston HyperX 8Gb DDR3
    Asus M4A785-TD-V-EVO

Tried the game on standard clocks and my own Overclocking, results are identical so im fairly certain its not the clocks, even underclocked to see if was a stability issue and its not that either.

If anyone else has had the same problem post here with your specs, hopefully we can get a list big enough to get TRION's attention, but no doubt they are allready aware of it, but the more info on system specs and symptoms we give them the easier it will for them and the faster it will get fixed.

No posts about "i don't have this problem" as i'll just ask a mod to delete your post

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy.

I have found a temp solution for Nvidia cards. Maybe the same thing can be done in Catalyst Control Centre, obviously the method is slightly different, hopefully a knowledgable ATI user can post how to do this and i'll include it in this post for others. credits will go to you if you help (im not a ****).

Goto Nvidia Control Panel
    Manage 3D Settings
    Program Settings
    Add (riftgame.exe) from its install location
    Multi-GPU Rendering Mode
    Single-GPU

Doing it this way will make your Dual GPU card/Sli cards run on a single GPU or Single Card mode for this game only and won't affect any other games. The FPS are considerably more stable and by unticking multi pass terrain, ambient occlusion, fullscreen FX i am now AVG roughly 40-50 obviously lower during large battles but i think we all get that anyway when horded by a massive mob.

Hope this helps a little guys untill its fixed.
    Last edited by Chairman Mao; 06-22-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy.

+ Reply to Thread