+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble logging into forum

Default Trouble logging into forum

I'm not sure why, but I cannot log into the forum using Internet Explorer. I tried closing the window and opening a new one, but I still couldn't log in. It has the typical "Redirecting..." window, but the page seems to be trying to load for a few seconds, then the window disappears and I'm not logged in.

It is IE 8.0.6001.19008

I started Safari 5.05 (7533.21.1) and logged in just fine.

I'm not sure why I can't log in with IE. I always could before.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Wipe all session data and clear cookies, restart your browser and see if that worked. I did that on firefox and it fixed up the issue.
    --BC

I had this issue for a few hours, yesterday. I didn't do anything and it magically went away.

Yep had the same problem couldn't log on yesterday..I thought they blocked me lol cause I was mad at lag and low fps ;op now it's "magically" ok

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Wipe all session data and clear cookies, restart your browser and see if that worked. I did that on firefox and it fixed up the issue.
    Thanks.

I was using Safari fine, then tonight, it wouldn't let me log into Rift either. So I went and deleted all the cookies, temporary files and history. I still couldn't log in. There is an option to preserve cookies from favorite sites, and when I unchecked that box and cleared cookies again, I was able to log in. Hopefully, that means I'll be able to log in like I usually do, without having to enter all the info every time.

+ Reply to Thread