+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Complete UI missing

Telaran

Default Complete UI missing

I'm not sure if this classes as UI but even when i start the game up, no buttons appear at all (I can click them, i made a character, everything seems to fine other than, i cant' see anything i'm doing!)
    I'll add a couple pictures to give you an idea of what my game looks like..

My gpu drivers are up to date, i've also tried reverting them back, nothing.
    Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

This is what is wrong with support too btw:

"I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with RIFT. I realize this can be frustrating and I'm happy to assist you in this matter. We have heard of some issues with the Radeon 5000 Series Graphics cards when using some of their latest drivers. Please try reverting back to 10.9 and see if that resolves your issue.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT"

1. They copy and paste responses 100% of the time
    2. My graphics cards latest update is 8.850, no way near 10.9
    3. "and for playing RIFT" I've had this game for 4-5 days and the useless support oafs have left me to figure out my problems myself..

First i had error 1020, i put a .dll file (rift.exe told me this dll file ect ect isn't compat) in my folder, works, now theres no ui...

So i'm starting to think that their installer didn't install dx properly for me, multiple times and that's just created a wave of problems...

Oh did i also mention that i have active game time running, without being able to properly play the game?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Complete UI missing-rift2.jpg   Complete UI missing-rift.jpg  
    Attached Files

Telaran

Bump......

Ascendant

you tried not playing in windowed mode?

Rift Disciple

what "resolution" is the game set to in-game?

I have a sneaky suspicion it could be drawing them all outside the window as it were.

as Antigonos suggested, does it happen in fullscreen mode also?
    CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.85GHz GFx: 2x Radeon HD5770 1GB CrossfireX @ 880/1370RAM: 8GB Ripjaw 1600MHz DDR3 RAM Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV formula mobo

Telaran

Yes, i only ran it in window to see if that would work aswell, no difference...

1920x1080 resolution, that's not the problem at all.

Urgh i think i'd rather get my money back and forget about this altogether

EDIT: Also, note, on the pictures, nothing at all appears, i can still click the buttons where the graphics for them should be (Looked up lets play videos and navigated my way around creating a character)

So the buttons are actually there, the entire game is, it's just, theres no UI for it...

Also another big problem is the movies or videos, whenever i try and watch the cinematics (Button close to Quit on the startup page i think) It's litteraly just a bunch of flickering colours

So yeh, flickering colours + 30" monitor = ouch, or a good rave, whatever floats your boat
    Last edited by mrtowliee; 06-07-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Rift Disciple

what is your specific GFx card?

you do need to update the drivers - no way in hell is 8.85 the "latest" for your card.

they do it by series now, so you need to go to amd.co.uk >> support & drivers

then, using the search boxes on the right select the approriate dropdown boxes to select Radeon HD5*** series and then your operating system.
    CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.85GHz GFx: 2x Radeon HD5770 1GB CrossfireX @ 880/1370RAM: 8GB Ripjaw 1600MHz DDR3 RAM Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV formula mobo

Telaran

It's a Radeon HD 5770 (I can't remeber exactly what type, the box is stashed away somewhere, all i can remember is it had POWERCOLOUR on it)

And that IS the latest driver...

Also my catalyst driver version (New version) is 11.5, could this be the driver he is referring to? not my actual gpu driver?

If so, how would i revert my catalyst to an earlier version (10.9?)

Also i've actually ended the process of that before and tried to run rift with no luck

Rift Disciple

I have the exact same card as you .

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68B8)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68B8&SUBSYS_22881787&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1748 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2005 MB
    Shared Memory: 3839 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: W2261
    Monitor Id: GSM56CF
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
    Output Type: HDMI
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,at icfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a. cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1070 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.831.2.0
    DDI Version: 10.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/9/2011 05:55:52, 795136 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    That's the copy & paste from my dxdiag - I reccommend re-downloading, doing a clean uninstall & then re-installing the newer drivers and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtowliee View Post
    It's a Radeon HD 5770 (I can't remeber exactly what type, the box is stashed away somewhere, all i can remember is it had POWERCOLOUR on it)

And that IS the latest driver...

Also my catalyst driver version (New version) is 11.5, could this be the driver he is referring to? not my actual gpu driver?

If so, how would i revert my catalyst to an earlier version (10.9?)

Also i've actually ended the process of that before and tried to run rift with no luck
    If you go to ATI site > drivers. Enter your card there is a full list of previous drivers.
    http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

example only http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista64.aspx
    Last edited by Anuhart; 06-07-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Telaran

Thanks for all the support guys, but i've decided to just give up on rift, i'm going to see if i can close off the account and forget about it since i won't be getting my money back..

Uninstalling...

Had enough of this and going to test some other mmo's
    Last edited by mrtowliee; 06-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Soulwalker

Default No UI showing at start up or in game help.

This is my exact problem as well. His screen shots attached are identical to mine.

I have played the game no problem for several weeks now, then after I patched this lat patch bam No UI what so ever.

I can click where the start menu is supposed to be and go in game, launch spells etc just no UI.

Could the 2D processor on my card be burnt? dunno!

Telaran

Would you look at that, i'm not alone, i'll keep track of this to see if any fix or issue is solved..

Also, how's the 5770 in crossfire? Was thinking of upping my ram to 8 and either sticking another 5770 in or getting a gtx460

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mrtowliee View Post
    Would you look at that, i'm not alone, i'll keep track of this to see if any fix or issue is solved..

Also, how's the 5770 in crossfire? Was thinking of upping my ram to 8 and either sticking another 5770 in or getting a gtx460
    i'm quite happy with the performance upgrade I got for the little money I spent - bought my second card of ebay for 75.

Get around 30-35fps doing random crap in the world, some invasions it drops to 15-20 due to the amount of people & mobs about but I can live with that, don't need huge rates to spam my rotation standing in the same place during a fairly un-important event.

raid & raid-rifts rarely drops below 25-30 that I notice.

everything maxxed except antialiasing & ground clutter which are @ 0.

Telaran

Bumping for the greater good..

Also i'd like to point out, every single problem i've come across, people with the same said the latest patch screwed it up.. I just started a day or so after that was released, so i wouldn't know...

And i'd like to bet that the Rift installed didn't properly install dx onto my computer (Could be problems both ends?) and that causes the "d3dx9_43.dll is not compat with windows or yatta yatta yatta".
    Fixed that by putting that dll file i dled from the internet into my rift folder (One in MY sys32 is 2.3mb or so, one i dled is 1.9mb, my own dll didnt work, go figure)

So as far as i know, the only answer is, reinstall windows or formatt...

That ain't happening, btw i just dled AoC, running sweet so far

Soulwalker

did you try ctrl + U ?? it disables the UI and re-enables it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast