+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Complete UI missing

Soulwalker

Default Resolved

I was able to get this resolved by reformatting and reinstalling my OS, then my Nvidia drivers, then DX and then Rift.

I don't know what screwed the pooch on this but it was a very irritating problem and having to do a hard-drive wipe to fix it really sucked but the deed is done.

Thanks for the help.

Telaran

Yep thats the only resolution to all of these problems...

I don't see why i should have to reinstall my OS for 1 game, and i'm not going to..

Soulwalker

Have you tried the "Recover" button on the launcher? If you click it, it checks all your Rift files/folders to make sure they're all there, and downloads what is missings.

You can try that if you haven't, worth a shot.

Soulwalker

Default My fix for missing UI

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone comes across it, this is what worked for me.

Download DirectX10 from Microsofts website and install it, even if you have 11/12 already installed.

Found this out after trying to play Rift and getting no UI, got cranky, installed another game that installed DirectX10, that game sucked, went back to see if I could get Rift working, and it was already fixed. Only thing the other game did was install an older version of DirectX and bam, working now. Have done this multiple times with working results.

Trion, you should really include DirectX10 in the install for the game.

Hope this helps someone.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jelliott227 View Post
    Download DirectX10 from Microsofts website and install it, even if you have 11/12 already installed

Are you sure it wasn't DirectX 9.0c you downloaded? as far as i know Rift uses this version, don't think it was or can be updated as it's an in-house, heavily modified version of Gamebryo Trion (at the time it was run by Trion) made Rift on, might be wrong.

Slip is right, it should be 9 not 10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2