+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graphics glitch with water.

Default Graphics glitch with water.

When I first come upon a body of water it will look like the following pic for a minute or so and then it will begin to look normal.

http://i.imgur.com/Ac9ww.jpg

This is with all settings maxed except no supersampling. I have toyed with a few settings but nothing seems to get rid of this glitch for me. I am running Win7 x64 with a GTX 260 and 275.33 drivers.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Magichands's Avatar

The same thing is happening to me. Windows 7 64bit, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, using the Nvidia Beta Forceware 275.27 drivers.

Rift Chaser

I would personally go to nvidia's site and get the latest release drivers, do a CLEAN uninstall of the old ones, reboot and then install the current released drivers for your cards, Overheating could also be causing this issue.

My brother's machine had this problem with the latest beta drivers for nvidia. Switch back to the latest WHQL drivers and you'll be fine. Hopefully the issue gets worked out for the next WHQL version.

Soulwalker

I'm reasonably certain this is caused by the very recent beta nvidia drivers that came out to help Witcher 2. Pulling down to the stable drivers might fix the issue.

275.33 is actually the current WHQL stable release, but I did upgrade from the aforementioned beta driver. I will try a clean uninstall/reinstall to see if it helps.

Soulwalker

I just installed the latest drivers which were released today. Getting same issue. Didn't have the issue before i updated my drivers. And yes i did a clean install...

Soulwalker

Me too, me too, dang it, i'm gonna have to roll back my drivers. sonuva... Please go smoothly, please go smoothly.

I didn't try the beta drivers before install the latest release, and I have this problem, so I don't think installing the beta drivers is the cause.

I'm just going to roll back my drivers to the ones i had before and see if it goes back to normal. I'll let you know if it works (probably in about 2 hours is works like it usually does.)

Soulwalker

Same with me, updated drivers today and have this bug with water, but i dont care couse its only on water and its disappearing if i move my camera so i will just wait for fix;)

Soulwalker

I have the same exact issue on my geforce 260 after updating to the 275.33 drivers. I'm rolling back to the 270.61 for now.

I suppose nvidia must have done something with shaders that Rift doesn't quite agree with. This doesn't only effect water, but also a few other shader effects.

Anyone have any luck with rolling back drivers? I am about to try, I will let you know what happens.

Rolled back to 270.61 and all water glitches went away.

Soulwalker

Tried tweaking several options in the game and Nvidia control panels to no avail. I guess I'll go back to the archived driver until a solution is developed.

Soulwalker

I rolled back my drivers (finally) and the water glitch is gone.

I had the same problems so I did a cleansweep and reinstalled the 270.61 driver and now get an insufficient video fatal error when trying to load the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast