+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In game video recorder, last few moments are always scrambled.

Default In game video recorder, last few moments are always scrambled.

I have recorded a few videos using the in game recorder. And while they are nearly perfect each one has a "problem" area at the end. The last one I took was about 3:30 long. The video stream ends at the right moment, but the audio keeps playing and the video is frozen.

It is almost like it continued to record the audio for another 10-20 seconds AFTER I stopped recording.

When I upload them to Youtube (I have to do it manually they wont upload from within the game) Youtube corrects the problem and ends the video at the right spot, but when I play them back on my machine using VLC there is, as I said, about 10-20 seconds of frozen video and audio at the end.

Any suggestions?

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

Edit the video using a simple program like Windows Live Movie Maker and cut the back end off that is problematic. Generally said any in game video recording feature is usually buggy and I think you are just experiencing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo View Post
    Edit the video using a simple program like Windows Live Movie Maker and cut the back end off that is problematic. Generally said any in game video recording feature is usually buggy and I think you are just experiencing that.
    I mainly record for Youtube so it's not to big of a concern. Youtube automatically removes the "broken" portion I was just wondering if it might be a codec issue on my main. Never thought about using movie maker though ^_^ You just gave me a great idea for a compilation video for my diary :P

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

+ Reply to Thread