Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard is not working right.

Default Keyboard is not working right.

First off I have a Acer Gaming Desktop (Windows 7) and a HP Laptop (Windows 7)
    Whenever I play MMOs My keyboard decides it wont function correctly. I cant use WASD or use the letters to open up menus, instead all my letters and numbers will just cycle through my primary action bar. However when I hold down CTRL+ W (for example) I then will be able to move forward. I have no idea what the problem is. This just started happening which happens on both Desktop and Laptop. Key bindings are fine and I tried Google, but couldn't find anything that helps.. If you know anything I can do please let me know. It is very frustrating. Thank you.

Bump for happiness :3

having the same problem wasd run thru your hotbars spaming abilitys want some real fun just press a button over and over again and it will do something like this wwwwwwww4wwwwwiwwwwwwnwwwww really only works on the trion patcher when trying to enter you email or password when rift patcher is up

now i went out today and got a new 20 doller keybored to see if its my other keybored thats causing the problem will keep you posted once i run the game and find out

ok just tested patcher again and fail its doing the same theing when entering email youremail@hotmail.ctm

yea you see that right for the ending .ctm well o and t are pretty far away so now i know its not the keybored its Rift itself at least the patcher i can confirm is bugging out like that will post again when i evently get in game and test wasd function

Login Screen i have no problems with its in-game which i have the issue. And ya I doubt its the keyboard b/c i have tried on my laptop same problem, but i dont think its RIFT in general b/c GuildWars and WoW do the samething, and whats werid about this is this just started recently. I had no problems before. I'm starting to think a recent Windows 7 Update messed up something
    Last edited by Tyicus; 05-24-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling :P

Soulwalker

Default Same Problem

I have the same problem. ALL keys seem activate action bar 1. The arrows keys however still allow me to move.

yep in game is all fubared cant even play w key is pressing other keys like 1 and 2 and 7 and 0

Ye Malf same here i can move with arrow Keys just fine but thats it

Soulwalker

WOW and my FPS games are working fine. It has to be coming from the rift client. Dont wait your time with UI reset, recover or trying to remap keys, tried all that no luck.
    Last edited by Malf; 05-24-2011 at 05:24 PM.

well WoW doesnt work for me =/ or GuildWars, but other cpu games work fine as far as i know

ok got my wasd to work correctly in game but still buggy on rift launcher
    what i did was set my win 7 64 UAC level back to default and ran launcher in admin mode

intersting why would UAC even affect what your keybored is doing in the game?? bad game code a big screw up on MS? if a best we will get a ninja patch to fix it we already all know Trion not going to say anthing about a problem and ms well GL with that

Bump for answers :3

Soulwalker

Default Whew

Glad to know it isn't just me.

I'm running a logitech wireless keyboard and this happens to me erratically. It tends to happen after a long session of a lot of hard play (lots of frantic key presses). Rebooting solves it for me. It is rather odd, it is like the mapping of the keyboard gets to shifted by some offset making the keys map to some other code page.

It could just be the logitech software with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. But is annoying in a raid (BRB guys need to reboot to fix my issue with my keyboard again).
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Soulwalker

Default Comcast's new Constant Guard security software

I was having the same issue, and I found out it was Comcast's new security software, Constant Guard, more notably the part that protects from keylogging. It does not work with most online games. You can actually just disable it while you play rather than un-installing it completely. The Norton's that comes with it works just fine thought. So just disable Constant Guard while you play. Here is a post from Comcast help person on a forum I found:

"In your problem you state "When I tried to get into a site....", and then "I could finally get into the programs".

I'll assume you are referring to games you play on your computer. There is an issue with a module installed with ConstantGuard called GuardedID. This is apparently inteferring with online games.

You can either remove GuardedID (not recommended) or follow these instructions to disable/renable GuardedID while you are playing games.

Does GuardedID work with games, such as GT family or WOW (World of Warcraft)?

No. You must disable GuardedID during game play. GuardedID is designed to protect your browser sessions and desktop applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, VPN Clients, IM Chats, etc.). GuardedID protects some "online web browser games" but not all of them. GuardedID currently does not protect gaming applications that sit on your desktop like GT or WOW (World Of Warcraft), because games like that remap the keyboard for gaming functionality, etc. Before you launch these games , right click on the "G" in you system tray (bottom right) and "Exit" GuardedID. You will then be able to game with no issues. After you are finished gaming, go to start/run/programs/Guardedid and click on Desktop to restart GuardedID's Desktop protection.

Certain games played inside IE or Firefox may be affected by GuardedID. If your game play is disrupted, you can disable GuardedID by right-clicking on the "Tools" item in the browser's menu and un-tagging GuardedID. Approve disabling of GuardedID (if asked). After you are finished playing, return to the "Tools" menu and re-enable GuardedID toolbar. Close and re-open the browser to activate GuardedID protection."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast