+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't chat with new characters

Soulwalker

Default Same thing

No, my chat did the same thing and I was flagged, before I even could /tell anyone. It's just all on my new toons, not my older ones.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #32

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry about any inconvenience.

We put some pretty severe restrictions on anyone below a certain level due to the behavior of currency sellers. Currently the threshold is level 10, but we may tweek this number up or down as needed if suddenly there is an army of bots hitting exactly level 10. We went this route because it gets the job done without resorting to drastic measures like just turning off level 1-9 chat. If this happens to you, just play through it and once you've invested enough play into your character it will go away.

I'll take another pass through the chat rules Monday including the tighter limits on wispering players if you've triggered the spam system (likely accidentally.)
    Last edited by BrianMorin; 05-21-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Zab
    Champion

Something similar is happening to me, this is my problem.

I cannot message anybody, i've been 50 for months and i don't spam anything, in fact i don't really talk to people that much. Everything worked fine earlier today until i logged on just a few minutes ago. Now i cannot send tells to anybody on my friends list or in my guild regardless of their level. I have tried to msg multiple people that are level 50 and multiple people under lvl 50 and i always get the same msg "you have sent too many chat messages" The only way i can send whispers to people is after they send me one, that seems to unlock it until i logout. This is pretty silly honestly >.>

I have never said anything like "power level" and i am level 50, so my problem is somewhat different but idk.. really annoying
    Last edited by Zab; 05-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.

yeah exactly the same dont know what to do its annoying

Soulwalker

I am on Arcanis. By far the best way to get a dungeon group together on a server with as low population as ours is direct tells. Given that there is no AFK boot, that takes sending one tell to a large number of people.

This anti-spam code is absolutely killing me.

Why not have the filter check the reported names list? Spammers get either ignored or reported. Or maybe look for words like "gold" or "com" in the tells.

I am sure you can think of many more clever ways to improve this, but the current implementation is very bad.

Zab
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Faylaen View Post
    I am on Arcanis. By far the best way to get a dungeon group together on a server with as low population as ours is direct tells. Given that there is no AFK boot, that takes sending one tell to a large number of people.

This anti-spam code is absolutely killing me.

Why not have the filter check the reported names list? Spammers get either ignored or reported. Or maybe look for words like "gold" or "com" in the tells.

I am sure you can think of many more clever ways to improve this, but the current implementation is very bad.
    Yup i too am a victim of a low pop server. Thankfully i don't need t1/t2's anymore or this would be very obnoxious. I was hoping this would be fixed by morning but apparently it's not

Quote Originally Posted by Ndangerdfevr View Post
    if that gm is giving you that recover response they ARE NOT reading your ticket. this NEEDS to be reported-there has been a problem where it is very obvious that the gms are not reading tickets and trion has reacted effectively by giving you basically a survey to tell them which ones are doing this-please make sure you fill this out so we can get these lazy a**hats out of this job and get people who actually will be helpful.

that sucks you got banned from chat but honestly if i saw someone say power level i would have immediately reported them for spam as well-just think before you speak silly head.

keep submitting tickets-i would submit new tickets rather than updating the old ticket-i'd imagine that simply updating would cause you to get the same gm and you definitely want someone different.
    First line support is in that crappy indian contact centre. I used to work for Amazon and spent about 40% of my time cleaning up the mess made by indian reps as they never actually read the customer question. That's what they do (or don't do).

I heard back from a GM who actually knew what the hell he was doing. I'm not as frustrated now and really pleased with the service. I do recommend they start firing some people though, the last GM i had was completely useless.

I live in New Zealand and we have very small data caps per month, he wanted me to completely redownload the game which would have eaten half my cap, really? after explaining several times that it's not on my end he fully ignored me and kept telling me to check my settings, reloadui, recover, reinstall.. useless!

I was told that it will go away over time, it's an automated system that wears off. Frustrating but it's good to see Trion addressing the platinum/power leveling spammers.
    ?

Zab
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    I heard back from a GM who actually knew what the hell he was doing. I'm not as frustrated now and really pleased with the service. I do recommend they start firing some people though, the last GM i had was completely useless.

I live in New Zealand and we have very small data caps per month, he wanted me to completely redownload the game which would have eaten half my cap, really? after explaining several times that it's not on my end he fully ignored me and kept telling me to check my settings, reloadui, recover, reinstall.. useless!

I was told that it will go away over time, it's an automated system that wears off. Frustrating but it's good to see Trion addressing the platinum/power leveling spammers.
    pretty much the same response i got
    Last edited by Zab; 05-22-2011 at 08:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3