+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BUG: Mage pet aggro

Rift Disciple

Default BUG: Mage pet aggro

I have an ELEM/CHLORO that uses the greater earth elemental as a pet. For about 2 weeks now I have noticed a change in aggro behavior.
    I send the pet into a group of mobs
    I don't do anything at all
    One of the mobs hits the pet
    The other mobs immediately stop running towards my pet and run towards me.

I want to stress that this happens if I do absolutely nothing at all, no attacks, not healing, it will happen if I walk away from the keyboard after sending the pet.

I believe it is related to the buffs on the pet Synergize is the likely culprit although the pet is buffed with Synthesis as well.

This is really troubling as it is not a case of the pet simply not holding aggro, but rather the pet creating aggro on me.

Please fix this as solo play is at best annoying and at worst a series of huge healer bills.

Its one of your buffs on the pet.

Plan accordingly on pulls or dont use that buff.

Sorry, not a bug

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Its one of your buffs on the pet.

Plan accordingly on pulls or dont use that buff.

Sorry, not a bug
    Reading my post would tell you that I know it is a pet buff. It IS a bug, it is new and not mentioned as a feature in any patch notes. The buffs on the the pet are:
    1) Symthesis which increases healing on the pet, but no healing is being done.
    2) Synergize which generates charge when the pet hits. Since when is charge generation in and of itself supposed to generate aggro?

+ Reply to Thread