+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant create a character

Soulwalker

Default Cant create a character

Bought the game through digital, downloaded the game, set up account and everything. Update and signed in....game starts up wonderfully and chose my server, tried creating a character but nothing pops up, tried clicking it again and again but nothing.
    Restarted the game in different video settings but to no avail
    i tried changing my graphic card settings as noted in one of the stickies but still the same thing....
    tried different servers and different areas but again...nothing....

This is actually quite frustrating because while i cant even play the game, my time is still clicking....
    Anyone with the same problem or any solutions?
    Any help is appreciated

Forgot to mention, Firewalls are all off
    I run i7 2600K, and 8gb ddr3 ram with gtx 560

and im not sure if this matters or not, but after clicking create and leaving it on the screen for awhile, i will dc, and it will ask me to reconnect, then ill reconnect and pop back to the choose shards.

Thank you.
    Last edited by JustlMe; 05-16-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Soulwalker

I had the same issue after buying the game. Couldn't create a character and only managed to do so after 101 different attempts...not sure if any of them even worked.

Right now experancing a similar issue. My characters won't load on server select Please help.

Try clicking Recover on your patcher (located on the bottom right once logged in)

At any point on character screen does it disconnect you from the server and offer to retry?
    Last edited by Botticelli; 05-17-2011 at 03:10 AM.

-Rift update 1.01

Soulwalker

@Warbs
    I have tried it a couple of times but still cant create my char

@Botticelli
    Yes if i leave it there for awhile ( 1~5min or less) it will say i disconnected, and ask if i want to reconnect , i press ok, and i tried again, still same results, the create button just wont work ><
    Last edited by JustlMe; 05-17-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Ah, you're probably having the same problem quite a few others apparently are having. Including myself. I have characters already created, and they don't show up at all. AND it won't create more. Here's the other thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ms-lt-again-gt

-Rift update 1.01

Soulwalker

@Botticelli
    Thanks ill start posting there then, you're damn lucky... i still havnt even got a char yet haha

Soulwalker

I have two laptops and a desktop that I have tried to run this game on.

Dell XPS 1647 laptop I5-430M 4gb ddr3, ATI Radeon HD 4670 1gb - Will not run game, stuck at first screen no menu selects just laggy rift screen.

Asus G60VX-RBBX laptop Core 2 Duo P7450 4GB DDR2, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M 1GB - Runs game with no problems (dont know frame rates)

Homebuilt Desktop I7-920, 6GB DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB - Runs game with no problems (dont know frame rates)

How does one check the frame rates

Currently trying everything posted to get it to run on my sons dell
    Will try the wifes Samsung laptop tonight along with other sons desktop both with different video cards and setups. All systems are running windows 7 64bit
    Last edited by kctango; 05-17-2011 at 05:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread