+ Reply to Thread

Thread: crashing issues since around 1.2

Rift Disciple

Default crashing issues since around 1.2

for the last 2 - 3 weeks, i have been having crashing *alot*. ill be playing just fine. no latency, no screen freezing but my fps might be a little lower than normal. the game will just shut down and pull up the error reporting tool. is there a way to pull up the error reports to see whats causing this crash? ive put up with it for going on 3 weeks now. ive searched these forums over and over and the only "fixes" are posts that other players have tried or found. nothing has stopped these crashes. all drivers and service packs are most current. the operating temps are fine, nothing is overheating. everything worked fine until 1 or 2 patches prior to 1.2.

this is the system i have:
    Windows 7 32-bit (6.1 Build 7601) with DirectX 11
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.7 ghz
    Gigabyte P35-DS3R mobo
    4gb ddr2 corsair ram
    Nvidia GTS 450 with most recent drivers from Nvidia
    1920x1080 resolution (native)
    Sounblaster Audigy SE soundcard with most recent drivers

Rift Disciple

forgot to mention the settings i run in game. from early release til this all started, i ran everything on ultra and it worked perfect. now i have everything turned down to medium or low and it still keeps crashing. my framerate hangs around 40 consistently. in some outdoor places, like huge rift events, it will dip down around 18fps

Rift Disciple

its pretty disappointing to say the least, to see all these threads on these forums with the exact same problems or very similar, and i have yet to see even 1 reply from tech support. no "we're working on it "get bent n00bs we don't care" .. nothing. i guess we're all paying to beta test a live game huh.

I am sure they are trying to fix this issue. In the meantime, try to contact the technical support. Trion's customer care is excellent.

+ Reply to Thread