+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy With Game. Ok with Time to fix things - NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH TECH ASSISTANCE

Default Happy With Game. Ok with Time to fix things - NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH TECH ASSISTANCE

Maybe I shouldn't expect responses from Trion on the weekends or something - and perhaps I shouldn't have to pay for those weekends.

Give us a break - if you could just respond... that it's RESPOND to some issues that the gamers of this community are having the MOST trouble with.. keyword = most.

I think most of us *according to your poll survey* are at least young adults with some tech experience. i.e. troubleshooting basic skills. Yet, we're being indignantly spoon fed standardized troubleshoot garble - while i'll admit personally is the first necessary thing to try. However, some openness.. real-time responses and honesty might incite some assistance from your community.

I can't believe for a moment a company like yours - that relies so heavily on customer satisfaction, would 1. not have someone working their Tech forums on the weekend 2. Continue to ignore people (the major issues) with not so much as a *hey we hear ya.

That all being said, I love the game, I believe in the ability of Trion to maintain a competitive MMO... I just need help knowing why you're not responding as much as you should

Some Concerned issues:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-hotfix-patch

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...started-to-lag

Could the Rift Players and Tech Savvy show they're support with linking known problems as follows:
    1. Problems in game not yet resolved after Hotfix #3 *indicate which you are
    2. New issues that DID NOT exist prior to Hotfix #3
    3. Include Links please - with as much pertinent information as possible (please limit flaming, troll, etc)
    4. Include your system specs - so that other players and community can assist you

List your System specs as follows:
    1. CPU -
    2. Video Card -
    3. Ram -
    4. Operating system -

*PLEASE DO A FAVOR FOR YOURSELF AND EVERYONE - KEEP A HELPING SPIRIT WHEN POSTING RESPONSES ON THIS THREAD*
    Last edited by Phobiac86; 05-15-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Soulwalker

Default Also having issues

I have posted this in several threads already but feel the need to put it in yet another due to no answers or responses from anyone. I purchased Rift 2 days ago so i never had the chance to experience the game prior to the patch. My issue is that my download went great and the start up and game runs great. No lag when i first start playing. But after a minute or 2 it freezes then closes. Then i get a message saying "Rift has encountered an error" and it gives me the option to close the program and report the error or report the error and restart. It has done this every time and i can not stay connected for more then 5 minutes at most. I have tried everything to fix this. I meet all system requirements and i am sick of people posting that. My video driver is up to date and Rift is also not blocked on my firewall. I tried a reinstall and that also didn't work. It is obviously a issue with this patch since hundreds of people are having similar issues.

AMD dual Opteron Processor
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7

Sorry i didnnt attach any links.

no worries if no links - System information will be a tremendous help to others

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfizzle View Post
    I have posted this in several threads already but feel the need to put it in yet another due to no answers or responses from anyone. I purchased Rift 2 days ago so i never had the chance to experience the game prior to the patch. My issue is that my download went great and the start up and game runs great. No lag when i first start playing. But after a minute or 2 it freezes then closes. Then i get a message saying "Rift has encountered an error" and it gives me the option to close the program and report the error or report the error and restart. It has done this every time and i can not stay connected for more then 5 minutes at most. I have tried everything to fix this. I meet all system requirements and i am sick of people posting that. My video driver is up to date and Rift is also not blocked on my firewall. I tried a reinstall and that also didn't work. It is obviously a issue with this patch since hundreds of people are having similar issues.

AMD dual Opteron Processor
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7

Sorry i didnnt attach any links.
    You're trying to run the game on a server? interesting. Which windows 7 OS are you using? Professional? Also what is the error you are getting? (you should be able to see more information on the error if you expand the details)

Era
    Champion of Telara

There's also a bunch of patcher logs on the RIFT folder. Open up the latest one and paste it on Pastebin since it gives more information (redact any personal information, of course).
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Soulwalker

1. Still having issues with FPS...could run 30-50fps prior to 1.2, since then I'm in the single digits. None of the tips and tricks worked for me, although I have managed to hit 20fps on occasion. This doesn't last long though, especially not in fights. Got major lag at one point causing the game to freeze just long enough for mobs to kill me
    2. Can't accurately respond to new issues...because of the above, I play very little now...it's just too frustrating.

System specs as follows:
    1. AMD Athlon X2 2.7
    2. nVidia 460 GTX OC'd
    3. 6 gig
    4. Vista Home Premium 32bit

I should have included this before for my own issues as well:

System Spec:
    Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07Ghz
    ATI Radeon HD 5670
    3.0 GB Ram
    OS - WIndows 7 64-b

+ Reply to Thread