+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huge problem crashing since 5/14 patch!

Soulwalker

Angry Huge problem crashing since 5/14 patch!

This needs fixing ASAP!

I've been playing fine up til last night this morning I start the launcher patch my game with the latest 5/14 patch and select play I get to player screen with some pixelization happening, then I select my toon and join game.

I log in and after about 20- 50 seconds of running around the game freezes, the screen gets all crazy I here a crazy helicopter like back ground noise and I cant alt tab/ cntrl/alt/delet or windows key out!

I have to power reset my Alienware 6 times this morning NOT GOOD!
    Windows 7 64 bit updated
    Geforce 9800gt 512mb express updated
    Dual core Intel E8400 3.0
    6GB ram
    Raid 320gb HDD

This machine can run Team fortress, and wow at the same time while running a Diablo 2 server for my son.

If this isn't fixed by tonight I quit! test your patches @sshats.....

No problems here so it's a little unfair to call the dev's @ashats.

Try running Rift's recovery tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchop View Post
    This machine can run Team fortress, and wow at the same time while running a Diablo 2 server for my son.
    Yes. I can't believe anyone would release a patch that hadn't specifically been tested on a computer running team fortress, WoW, and a Diablo 2 server.

Soulwalker

Now now...

I think it's obvious that people are just getting fed up with issues.

Three hotfixes later and people are still having the SAME issues.

Something, somewhere has to give.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Staith View Post
    No problems here so it's a little unfair to call the dev's @ashats.

Try running Rift's recovery tool.

I think it's fairly obvious he was making a point that his machine can handle the program.

The ultimatum tho, I don't think they will care. But they deserve the @hats remark due to the constant weeks.. nay month of crashing and no fix or any real acknowledgment of them on the forums. 20-30 pages in a few different threads and not a response is bad PR.

Quote Originally Posted by RxDoc View Post
    I think it's fairly obvious he was making a point that his machine can handle the program.

The ultimatum tho, I don't think they will care. But they deserve the @hats remark due to the constant weeks.. nay month of crashing and no fix or any real acknowledgment of them on the forums. 20-30 pages in a few different threads and not a response is bad PR.
    As I said, no problems here and I'm not running anything special. 1,000's of players don't suffer from the problems 20 or so player do. That says to me that the problems are most likely not Trions end.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Staith View Post
    As I said, no problems here and I'm not running anything special. 1,000's of players don't suffer from the problems 20 or so player do. That says to me that the problems are most likely not Trions end.
    The problem is that is not just 20 but a couple of hundred of people having the same issue. In my case I was able to play the game just fine up until patch 1.2 when the crashes started. So we have to assume that when the computer crashes specifically when playing Rift, is a problem in there end. I just want to play

+ Reply to Thread