+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok, so this problem went away, and now it's back with a vengence....

Soulwalker

Default Ok, so this problem went away, and now it's back with a vengence....

Every time I bring up rift, a popup box says, "RiftPatch needs updating. Update now?" Then it goes through a launcher update, then it comes back to the rift launcher and the popup comes back up. I cant even get to log in for a hot fix. I've once again come to the astounding conclusion, i've tried everything, and i'm stuck. Help?

Soulwalker

Exclamation Bump yo

plz help

Quote Originally Posted by Tridius View Post
    plz help
    Try the last post in this thread....looks like someone solved what appears to be a similar issue. Others have had what you are dealing with.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...highlight=loop

Another post said reinstall...however, I would try the terminate processes idea in the above thread first. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Onrock; 05-13-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Yeah

I'm an ADP IT for the navy. I've worked on computers all my life, i've done everything from the simple restart to terminating services and "up-ing" the permissions of rift. i've got nothin. I've allowed the rift game folder to be not scanned via windows defender or my anti-virus. i've allowed all instances of the rift game through my firewalls and antivirus....i've even allowed files that don't run (ie any files from .aaa to .zzz) through the firewalls....i'm tired of this problem. i've even uninstalled my antivirus to see if that was the issue. no dice. Anti-virus is now reinstalled with the original settings that i had pre-patch 1.2 and i'm just waiting to see if anyone has any other suggestions i may have missed.
    My laptop:
    Windows 7
    4GB RAM
    AMD Phenom II triple core processor
    Toshiba basic install package no additions other than a couple programs that have nothing to do with the web, or this game.

I just want hundreds of possible solutions spilled onto this page, i dont care if i've posted it here, or if anyone else has posted it. i want all possible solutions so that everyone can have their fix listed and we can message trion and get them to figure out what's causing this problem and avoid it with future patches.
    Last edited by Tridius; 05-13-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Go into your rift folder and run selfpatchlive.exe

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Go into your rift folder and run selfpatchlive.exe
    did it. good idea though. also ran riftpatchlive.exe and rift-live.exe. all of them also after fresh installations.....i also tried it on multiple machines (i have 3 laptops) is it because i'm on a laptop or because i'm currently in a different country perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tridius View Post
    did it. good idea though. also ran riftpatchlive.exe and rift-live.exe. all of them also after fresh installations.....i also tried it on multiple machines (i have 3 laptops) is it because i'm on a laptop or because i'm currently in a different country perhaps?
    Well that would have been helpful info in the first post......

Where are you now (what country) and what kind of internet connection?

Soulwalker

Bahrain. broadband connection

+ Reply to Thread