+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift On a Laptop

Soulwalker

Default Rift On a Laptop

My PC us a dual core 3Ghz with 4GB ram and a GTS8800 Ultra 512mb card, it runs rift barely but as i want to sell this old PC and get a laptop id like to get something that can run the game smoothly, anyone got any suggestions as to a make model price range?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Generally, laptops are not as good a deal for gaming, usually.

I have an ASUS G73JH which plays rift pretty decently (smooth enough to play at ultra+ settings with a 1920x1200 external display). They're around 1k-1.3k. I think they replaced it with a newer model which may or may not be quite as good, though.

On the down side, it's a gigantic and heavy machine.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

The new version may be argued as better due to the new Core i7 CPU and Nvidia GPU (meaning it may be able to use Optimus.) However, it's also around $1700.

It should be noted though that said system gets low benchmarks that would likely rate at around the equivalent in desktop CPU power with maybe a $100 GPU.

Honestly if you have the money for a laptop you'd see far greater gain by doing even just a GPU upgrade to say a $175+ GPU. If you spent even 75% of what you would on a laptop on a desktop it would destroy the specs.

See my site for help if you need it.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Default Laptop

Asus G73sw is what im using, 1200 w/o tax 1500 with tax. runs on ultra 35 fps+ in world. 50-60 fps in dungeons.

+ Reply to Thread