+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zoning into dungeon ports me back to my previous location - not into the dungeon

Soulwalker

Unhappy Zoning into dungeon ports me back to my previous location - not into the dungeon

This afternoon I joined LFD and got a group for LH. I accepted, whole group accepted, and I started to port in.

Except, instead of porting in to the dungeon, we all ended up at the east Freemarch porticulum. We tried zoning back in to the dungeon manually but were ported back to our original starting locations instead of entering the dungeon (in my case, Meridian - another group member ended up in the middle of Shimmersand). We then tried leaving the group, reforming (with 1 new person), and entering the dungeon outside of the LFD tool. Got ported back to our original starting locations again.

I then joined LFD again by myself and got another LH group. Accepted. Aaand same thing happened, ported back to Meridian. I tried logging out and back in, then porting to Lantern Hook and entering LH myself, but I was again ported back to Meridian.

I don't know if this applies to other dungeons, or only Lantern Hook. I'm going to run up to IT now and see, but this is very frustrating.

I ran LH multiple times yesterday and once this morning with no trouble.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited to add -
    I just tried to enter Iron Tomb and was ported back to Meridian. Looks like I can't run any dungeons.
    Last edited by sapling; 05-11-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Soulwalker

Well, I submitted a GM ticket in game. This was the response:

On May 11, 2011 22:24:51 [Customer Service] wrote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. Thank you very much for patience and we do apologize for inconvenience this has caused, however it appears your issue has been resolved as of the latest hotfix. If this is not the case, and you are still experiencing this issue, we'd like to get this information over to our development team so that they can investigate further. To submit this information to our development team; 1. Type /cs and press enter or click on the ? icon located in the lower left hand corner of your screen. 2. Click on the Feedback/Bugs tab at the bottom of the dialog box which opens up. 3. Select the category which most closely relates to the issue or feedback you have. 4. Write a detailed description in the appropriate boxes (for bugs, only the "Found a Bug?" box is needed). 5. Left-click the [SEND] button when you are finished. If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

I submitted it as a bug since it does not appear to be fixed.

Soulwalker

Bump - this is STILL bugged after the hotfix today

Also ran into some other people on in-game chat having the same problem. Sad I'm the only one here. :/

Soulwalker

This is tentatively fixed - I tried dungeon finder again this morning, expecting to be booted, but after I accepted it let me in the instance!

I haven't tried it again, but I was able to zone back into the dungeon after dying.

So pending further testing, it appears they may have fixed this in the hotfix - but you have to enter through LFD, not by zoning in yourself if your character was already bugged prior to the hotfix.

Soulwalker

I got this same problem today as well, so it has not been fixed. Also, on a related note, whenever i try to join a warfront, i get ported into freemarch (ouside of Danears stand) every single time. Relogging/quitting and reloading has not fixed the issue.

+ Reply to Thread