+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video card Question

Soulwalker

Default Video card Question

I am currently using a GeForce 9600gt and I can run rift and its OK for the most part but I have almost all the settings turned off and it really chokes up in rifts. I am building a new PC and I took the opportunity to get a Nvidia GTX 550ti for about 120$.

My question is this...What kind of performance increase do you think I can expect from this card over my 9600gt. (I also went from a AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2ghz to a Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympias View Post
    I am currently using a GeForce 9600gt and I can run rift and its OK for the most part but I have almost all the settings turned off and it really chokes up in rifts. I am building a new PC and I took the opportunity to get a Nvidia GTX 550ti for about 120$.

My question is this...What kind of performance increase do you think I can expect from this card over my 9600gt. (I also went from a AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2ghz to a Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition. Does anyone have any experience with this?

You should see a significant increase over your older system. The CPU upgrade + GPU upgrade should give you decent performance in RIFT. You won't be blowing anyone away at 100+ FPS or something but expect to see 30 to 40+ constant FPS on Ultra.

All of this is dependent on your overall system specifications, but should hold true.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Olympias View Post
    ... and I took the opportunity to get a Nvidia GTX 550ti for about 120$.
    Are you sure the vendor is legit? It seems a very little price for such card. By the way I'd prefere a 560 which costs a little more, but has better performances (the OC'd ones more, of course, I'd suggest you the MSI ones).

Btw here is 56 FPS max normal usage, 30 FPS when there are several people / special effects / creatures all in one place (i.e. full raid), all on Ultra, AA 16x
    Last edited by elegos87; 05-11-2011 at 07:31 AM.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Soulwalker

Dont buy it Rift do not support 500 series ...

+ Reply to Thread