+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone help?

Soulwalker

Default Can anyone help?

I posted over in the r/rift sub on reddit too http://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comment...get_some_help/

I am having one hell of a time with lag. I'm usually fine if there isn't a lot of crap in the air.. but it creates problems when there is. I already have my settings to the lowest of the low.. render distance is low too. My computer friend and I have gone over my specs and my internet and really aren't sure what is wrong.. as my computer should be able to preform at medium levels:
    so here are my specs:
    Asus G51vx
    Win 7 64
    4gb Ram
    300gb HD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M (this is the higher end laptop gaming card)
    My Speedtest
    I am able to run eq2 at practically the highest settings (don't know if that means anything)

I am getting wiped in large raids, and big bosses because of too much crap in the air (like the goat guy in IT.. where you have to run to Eliam) I got to 50 entirely skipping IPP
    because of the snow in the air, and there is no place in the settings menu to disable spell effects. So what I'm hoping here is if you guys have any tricks up your sleeve that you can think of so I can do an end run on my problems? like "Always stand in this spot on this boss" or hell if anyone knows a debug hack that will turn off spell effects (that would be a godsend!) I usually try to look at a bad guys feet so I can still set up my AOE's and blast away, or cheat and go full chloro so i can survive being wiped. Anything would be helpful.

These are my in game settings
    and here is the pastebin of my rift.cfg file
    Unfortunately i can't run the resolution lower than my 1900x1080 it made everything very blurry and gave me a headache.. but as you can see i can't think of anything else to turn off, and All my drivers are at their latest. I can't get a new computer, and I understand if your conclusion is there's nothing to be done ~sadface~.. I'm really hoping one of you knows a way to disable the on screen spell effects, I know that would look wierd.. but at least it would end-run my problem

Quote Originally Posted by jayde_drag0n View Post
    I posted over in the r/rift sub on reddit too http://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comment...get_some_help/

I am having one hell of a time with lag. I'm usually fine if there isn't a lot of crap in the air.. but it creates problems when there is. I already have my settings to the lowest of the low.. render distance is low too. My computer friend and I have gone over my specs and my internet and really aren't sure what is wrong.. as my computer should be able to preform at medium levels:
    so here are my specs:
    Asus G51vx
    Win 7 64
    4gb Ram
    300gb HD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M (this is the higher end laptop gaming card)
    My Speedtest
    I am able to run eq2 at practically the highest settings (don't know if that means anything)

I am getting wiped in large raids, and big bosses because of too much crap in the air (like the goat guy in IT.. where you have to run to Eliam) I got to 50 entirely skipping IPP
    because of the snow in the air, and there is no place in the settings menu to disable spell effects. So what I'm hoping here is if you guys have any tricks up your sleeve that you can think of so I can do an end run on my problems? like "Always stand in this spot on this boss" or hell if anyone knows a debug hack that will turn off spell effects (that would be a godsend!) I usually try to look at a bad guys feet so I can still set up my AOE's and blast away, or cheat and go full chloro so i can survive being wiped. Anything would be helpful.

These are my in game settings
    and here is the pastebin of my rift.cfg file
    Unfortunately i can't run the resolution lower than my 1900x1080 it made everything very blurry and gave me a headache.. but as you can see i can't think of anything else to turn off, and All my drivers are at their latest. I can't get a new computer, and I understand if your conclusion is there's nothing to be done ~sadface~.. I'm really hoping one of you knows a way to disable the on screen spell effects, I know that would look wierd.. but at least it would end-run my problem
    I think patience may lead to good news. There are issues with the game. A number of people on here believe that it should be running with higher FPS. A number of issues could be the culprit. I am hoping for some magic from update 1.2. But currently as far as I know, there is no indication to that. Apparently, Trion is not mentioning some of their code fixes in their notes. However, this is all from things I have read...so take it with a grain. Did you try low render mode, or whatever it is called. Sorry if you already said you did.

+ Reply to Thread