+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small annoyance - Baggage windows

Default Small annoyance - Baggage windows

I'm not sure if you guys run into this issue at all but whenever I arrange my bag windows, they always go back to a certain location or readjust themselves into a different position.

This happens every time I log off/on, zone, etc.

Anyone else have this issue?

Soulwalker

I do not have that issue with the inventory bags, instead mine are with the bank bags you buy... no matter where I place them they always re-open back on top the main inventory

i get the same issue as OP. i have asked few others, they either dont notice it, dont care or it doesnt happen to them. No idea why i cant get em to stay put.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

From what I can tell, it goes about like this: your inventory windows begin automatically docked to one another. If you move one, you'll never manually redock it - it's done. As long as it's not docked, its location doesn't seem to save exactly. It shifts a bit, at least between exiting and reloading the game. Bags at the bank are affected by the shifting, but don't have a normal dock point like the others do.
    Craig: [incredulous] Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?!
    The Doctor
    : I'm his special favourite. Shhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Rouges are overpowdered.

I used to reset the UI, but it would always break again. It became easier just to move the bags around each time than going through to redo the UI. It is kind of funny (not really). Sometimes it happens while zoning. Sometimes it happens with random vendors.

Picture two columns (left/right) - bags 1-3 are in the right column and bags 4-5 are in the left column. Bags 1, 3, 5 will stay in place. Bags 2 and 4 will disappear halfway under Bags 3 and 5.

Have had it happen with various toons.

Not a gamebreaking bug - but on a toon that frequently accesses their bags, it can get annoying.

As for the bank one, it is definitely annoying to have it slap all off the additional bank bags on top of the inventory bags...

Soulwalker

My suggestion.

Create a new char on the same server. Import the UI from the new char when this happens. After you fix all the other stuff on your UI just the way you want it. Log on the new char and import from your main char.

At this point any time you have issues with your UI you can Import from your lvl 1 char and you are all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashel View Post
    My suggestion.

Create a new char on the same server. Import the UI from the new char when this happens. After you fix all the other stuff on your UI just the way you want it. Log on the new char and import from your main char.

At this point any time you have issues with your UI you can Import from your lvl 1 char and you are all set.
    Seems like a big hassle just to avoid this small annoyance.

Hopefully Rift will fix this bug with one of their patches.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR BANK BAGS: I had this with the bank bags also. However, if after I position them where I want them, and then click on them in the bag selector bar, so as to close them and then open them again, and then leave the bank....when I return they are in the correct location. Once you do this the first time, the bags should remain in the correct position. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

If you leave the bank without closing them and opening them from the bank bag bar they will spam to the bottom right every time. Let me know if this helps!!!

***This may help with the bags as well, not just the bank bags.
    Last edited by Onrock; 05-09-2011 at 07:11 AM.

I would REALLY love an auto-arrange button for items in bank/bags to place like items together. Few games have this like Eve....

+ Reply to Thread