+ Reply to Thread

Thread: microphone problem

Default microphone problem

Hi, recently people were complaining about noise when I talked in teamspeak. So I went to the microphone configuration, and selected 'listen to this device', so I would hear it myself. It was indeed terrible, sort of noise combined with a high tone.

Now on my headset, there's a mute microphone button. When I switched this, I couldn't hear myself speak anymore, but the noise and the high sound were still there! My logical conclusion is that the microphone itself isn't causing the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing it?

Champion

When I used the onboard sound, I had a similar problem. If I plug the headset into the sound card instead, and make the appropriate change in Teamspeak, the background noise disappears.

I am using a laptop though, as far as I know I have only one place to plug it in.

You don't have a dedicated audio card, you've got an on-chipset solution instead (AC'97?). The noise is made by the poor integrated hardware (not being properly isolated).

You may resolve this issue using an external audio card, which includes also the USB connectors (i.e. Logitech sells headsets with USB adapter, or its gaming keyboards have them too).
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

+ Reply to Thread