+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Patch and again, broken graphics (Nvidia 560ti)

Default New Patch and again, broken graphics (Nvidia 560ti)

Each new patch breaks my graphics. Glitches/weird stretching/freezes
    This has happened 4 or 5 times in the last month after a patch.
    I can usually fix it by uninstalling my GFX Drivers and installing old drivers but so far this hasn't worked this time.

Geforce GTX 560ti (tried 266.66 and - 270.61 drivers)
    Win 7 Prof. 64
    8gb mem
    Core i7-2600 3.4ghz

And... again. The first patch this morning I was still fine. Logged in and played a bit. Got home tonight and had another patch and now my graphics are all FUBAR. What the heck do you guys keep breaking with the Nvidia Drivers for the 560ti?

Soulwalker

Thumbs down

I've had the same problems with the game since release.

I played without issues for over a month of beta.

I've got the 580 GTX and i got weird triangles and stuff all over the screen. Game runs for about 1-2 minutes and crashes since 1.2

Haven't played the game in weeks.

And another patch that breaks my video. Keeping this thread updated everytime it happens. Hopefuly someone can figure this out at some point. Its annoying to have to uninstall and reinstall my video drivers every 3rd patch.

Shadowlander

I have your same setup, I'm on a Quad core verse your i7, but I have the same issues.

I have recorded a lot of them as I experienced them. I have them within my old thread regarding this issue:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...aphical-Glitch

[Edit] - Last thread I posted in, there was a GM from Trion that posted stating that they are aware of these issues, and are looking into a fix.
    Last edited by Awoken; 05-28-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Same for GTX 570, Since today's patch I have had the world black out on me in GSB multiple times. Restarting computer was a temp. fix.

Running thru Gloamwood currently and bushes and trees are all black. Prior to today patch I always had an issue with the game going green and red and black whenever I played a video such as the Duke fight on youtube, still able to fix these problems by changing resolution and changing back. But mid fight that is impossible.

Wasn't Rift designed specifically for the Nvidia brand?

Note: the changing resolution does not fix the problem with the trees and plants in gloamwood.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Shadowlander

If you toggle to Fullscren (Alt+Enter) then back to Windowed Fullscreen, it solves many graphical glitches for me, but this is a quick fix for when I'm in and instance, and only works for a minute or two until I see another graphical glitch.

Just a quick fix if you don't want to restart every time.

Rift Disciple

I have an nvidia 650 and have also had some graphical problems. First one is after 1 to 2 mins after starting the game, everything goes weird. Sometimes it grabs a small image and uses it as a pattern for all ground tiles. Other times it grabs the small image and pastes it across the entire screen. The text box in the bottom left part of the screen can be seen in both cases, just all the text has extra bold font to the point that its unreadable. Funny enough, when this happens I know it was a "good" boot of the game since I rarely crash for 2 hrs afterwards and alt tab to windows and back again always fixes it. The second graphical problem has to do with firefox. Occasionally after using the web browser firefox and then logging into game, everything looks fine except everyone's char is bright yellow including my own. Nothing fixes this except a reboot. The third and last error I've run into has been blue screens of death caused by my graphic card's .dll file.
    Last edited by Kasin; 05-29-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Rift Disciple

To extend my previous post, I tried everything I know on my end. I read somewhere that the dll problem could be registy errors. Soon after I did a format C: and reinstalled windows xp. Right now the only thing on my machine is rift and I still get th 1 to 2 min graphic error I said above and the blue screen. I have not seen the return of the yellow characters.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Computer:
    CPU: 2.66Ghz Duo core
    Vid Card: GTX 570 currently running version 6.14.12.6724 driver
    4G Ram
    Win XP Home
    DX9

All settings on minimum except terrain and object distance in game

Have had the world going green and black when I watch another video while Rift is loaded problem since 1.2.

Since the hotfix yesterday, I am now seeing mobs stretch, plants and trees, and gear all turn black and no remedial efforts correct this.

Aside from the ole' roll back driver, any ideas?
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    Computer:
    CPU: 2.66Ghz Duo core
    Vid Card: GTX 570 currently running version 6.14.12.6724 driver
    4G Ram
    Win XP Home
    DX9

All settings on minimum except terrain and object distance in game

Have had the world going green and black when I watch another video while Rift is loaded problem since 1.2.

Since the hotfix yesterday, I am now seeing mobs stretch, plants and trees, and gear all turn black and no remedial efforts correct this.

Aside from the ole' roll back driver, any ideas?
    Just build my sis's i7 rig the other day and she's using the EVGA 570GTX OC videocard. Same specs as my rig but with the Nvidia card and latest drivers -- no issues and she's been playing for 8+hrs this Memorial weekend.

Are you guys OCing your videocards? If so 10000001 problems can occur and sadly very difficult to pinpoint as it's usually VRAM/heat related.

Shadowlander

I'm running SLi'd 560 Ti's they are a stock OC from nVidia (OC Edition, like their FTW editions, and so forth,) I'm assuming several are as well since they are/were an incredible buy from NewEgg at HeadStart of Rift.

There is no overheating issues on my end when I experience these errors. I can be playing anywhere from 3 seconds, to 1 hour before the error appear, but more times than not it's when I'm out grinding dailies, or collecting artifacts out of boredom.

If you go to one side of the map, to the other, or to the point where the rendered graphic in attention de-renders, and run back to the point you experience, more times than not, it's gone, and normal.

It's something to do at the point of render that is glitching causing pixils to be the metaphorical "crap" hitting the fan.

If you, or any others would like to see the graphical errors I experience, I try to record, upload, and place them within this playlist:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL4023CA38B97FDC9A
    Glitch #12 and forth are from, and after patch 1.2
    Last edited by Awoken; 05-29-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RocSek View Post
    I can usually fix it by uninstalling my GFX Drivers and installing old drivers but so far this hasn't worked this time.

Win 7 Prof. 64
    8gb mem
    Core i7-2600 3.4ghz
    I had pretty much same issues like you and my rig is almost exactly the same as yours.
    Check this out: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...07#post2513607

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSek View Post

Win 7 Prof. 64
    8gb mem
    Core i7-2600 3.4ghz
    I am so glad I found this post, I have been having the same issue since I got this wonderful card about a month ago, was about to return it lol. Hope Trion gets this fixed soon

Shadowlander

@Stefanaki - I wanted to try test run on some clocks to see if this was the issue causing it, since I had a hunch to that regard. These are my finding, rather questionable...

GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) SC Edition - Stock/Default Over-Clocks:
    900/1800/2106
    Core Clock - 900 Mhz (v.s. 822 Mhz reference)
    Shader Clock - 1800 Mhz (v.s. 1645 Mhz reference)
    Effective Memory Clock - 4212 Mhz (v.s. 4000 Mhz reference) - (This is 2106 Mhz (v.s. 2000 MHz))
    These are the clocks I've been running since I've installed both cards, and experienced all recorded artifacts with.

Using EVGA Precision v2.0.3 using ForceWare 275.27 (Display Driver)
    Both cards running BIOS 70.24.11.00.60

Downclocked to Minimum Possible
    675/1350/1575
    So far I have seen no artifacts, but I'm keeping in mind it has taken hours of playtime until I sometimes seen my recorded artifacts.
    Route of travel at this clock is Droughtlands to Scarlet Gorge

Over-Clocked
    975/1950/2150
    Still not experiencing any artifacts, and I've ran from Scarlet Gorge to Droughtlands.

I'm curious on returning to my stock clocks to see if I can get these to re-appear, but I'm stumped why at a higher clock than stock, if this was a stock overclocking issue, I see no issues. Will say I am going to stay at this clock now that I've run it, and enjoying the extra boost in FPS. Temps are running nice, and highest load I've logged is around 57%.

Last thought, I'm curious if resetting you clock, even if to defaults, clears up a possible "hiccup", if you will, in the card(s)? I've never heard, or read anything about this being a solution, or even a step to take, but thought I'd mention it as a possibility.

I'll post an update to this post, with a video, if I discover another graphical.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast