+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rift Authenticator and Gingerbread (android 2.3)

Default Rift Authenticator and Gingerbread (android 2.3)

So after ive updated my phone ( htc desire hd) to gingerbread my authenticator has stopped showing a code, any known fixes?
    Last edited by Maaza; 05-04-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    One of the Tribe, no matter the game.

am i the only one with this issue?
    One of the Tribe, no matter the game.

Soulwalker

No, I'm facing the same issue as of last night and the update to 2.3

Soulwalker

Just contacted support on phone and had it removed, temporarily at least until the issue gets resolved. Logging in fine after that

Default same issue different version

I am having the same issue, but on Froyo. I just updated, reinstalled and am getting a stupid error stating it cant generate a serial key blah blah blah ... I supposed I need to call CS and get it taken off my account from before as well....
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=493214&dateline=12976  31152

Rift Disciple

need to phone them & get it removed as i assume the authenticator thinks it's a new device & stops working to prevent un-authorised access to account.

can re-install & re-link once it's removed no probs.

Soulwalker

I had the same problem, you have to call support then they fix it, they need to remove your Authenticator from you account, then i think you can activate it again as you did it the first time. For after that i could anyway.

You can't NOT just reinstall it, support need to remove it on you account.

Same problem running CM7 (GIngerbread AOSP). Had to call in to have the authenticator removed, I'm still hopeful that they'll figure out the issue and get an update out that fixes it. Would definitely still like to use it.

Soulwalker

This is not cool. Cant get to support because its weekend. And cant login to rift because of ginderbread update

When the authenticator tool gets removed from my account, it will NOT be installed again! DESPITE the fact it makes my account safer. Sorry Trion, nice try, but NOT workable....

Rift Disciple missnightbutterfly's Avatar

Hmm i have htc desire hd but mine keeps saying no updates available, and i only still got 2.2,:'(

Soulwalker

same here, stuck with no code displaying and I can't play at all during weekend - and this is just 3rd day with this game .... not too good sign for the future ....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by missnightbutterfly View Post
    Hmm i have htc desire hd but mine keeps saying no updates available, and i only still got 2.2,:'(
    Thats because they release it by country and serial number, so not all get it at the same time,

But i should be a sticky on this post so people call support and deactivate the Authenticator from their account BEFORE they upgrade to Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" :/

even an in game server MOTD for like 2 weeks or something, that warning for this IMO

Soulwalker

If I can't remove authenticator during the weekend - I will ask for two extra days of my subscription :/

Plane Walker

dunno maybe try searching google for solution
    otherwise this might have to wait for customer support department on Monday I think only they can disable the authernticator on your account
    GameShampoo username: lokik
    Playing:
    Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)

Rift Disciple missnightbutterfly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bure View Post
    Thats because they release it by country and serial number, so not all get it at the same time,

But i should be a sticky on this post so people call support and deactivate the Authenticator from their account BEFORE they upgrade to Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" :/

even an in game server MOTD for like 2 weeks or something, that warning for this IMO
    ahh okay, I just saw alot of people got it here in denmark. but I havent yet, but I guess then this is good for me cause now i get to read posts like this lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast