+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TEST client constantly crashes, does not start

Default TEST client constantly crashes, does not start

Link to my DxDiag on Google Docs: http://bit.ly/mosqwQ

This has been happening since the 1.2 patch went to the test client. I was hoping that it would have been fixed by now after submitting those crash reports, but no dice.

Attempting the start the TEST client causes the client to immediately crash. At first I am presented with the option to submit and restart or to just submit the crash. I choose the "submit and restart" option, and the client immediately crashes again, producing the "submit and restart" box again.

However, after crashing a few times in a row it stops presenting the "submit" box. The cursor very briefly changes to the "I'm thinking" icon and then nothing happens. The task list (ctrl-shift-esc) does not show the game client's .exe in the list.

I have used the "Recover" option. It does not fix the issue.

The Live version of Rift works fine, but I'm now concerned about what's going to happen when this patch goes live.
    I bought "Rift: Planes of Telara". Not "Raid: Dungeons of Telara". Account cancelled.

Soulwalker

I have exact same issue wih Rift Alpha client on 2 PCs, also the issue started only from 1.2, before that I used Rift Alpha with no problem. Rift live client works perfectly.
    I have ticked opened with Trion to handle this issue for past 3 days. For now the only direction they checking is my network configuration. Don't think it related, but who knows.

Wow, they're telling you to check your network configuration because the client is crashing? That's the "Buying time because we don't know" tactic.

Kind of glad that others are experiencing this, too, though. Now I just hope that they get this fixed before it goes live.
    I bought "Rift: Planes of Telara". Not "Raid: Dungeons of Telara". Account cancelled.

+ Reply to Thread