+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with mouse

Soulwalker

Default Problem with mouse

I made a thread in the german forum about it but i hope to get more help here.

When i turn my char left or right, the mouse will always behave like one of the old mouses with a ball when you had to clean them. It will just get "stuck" for up to 2 sec if i try to turn really fast!
    Looking up and down is no problem at all and also still works while left and right is stuck.
    I have this only in Rift and one other person also said he has the problem, so i think it's no hardware problem.
    Though we both have a phenom II cpu, but i have a x4 and he a x6!

This problem is really annoying so i would appreciate any help

Soulwalker

/bump

In crowded zones (MERIDIAN OLOL) it's even worse!
    If i put my graphics on ultra (20+ fps though, even WHILE the mouse is stuck) i have to turn with keyboard because it's just unplayable with mouse...
    Even on eyebleed settings it's still impossible to turn normally with mouse.

Soulwalker

Is there any support for this game or is it just for people without problems?
    Last edited by nasherprinz; 04-30-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Soulwalker

I havent been able to play the game as yet but. like in WoW you can turn the mouse setting like the decelaration? I think or somthing like that.
    is there any settings for you to change the mouse at all ?
    Maybe updating any mouse drivers or trying different ports i know you said it dosent happen with anything else but thought it might be worth a try. sorry i cant give much more than that. being that i havent actually got into the game yet.

Soulwalker

The only option is for the speed, and even on the lowest setting it's still a bit to fast i think.
    And i also tried a very old mouse without any differeces -.-

But thanks anyway, at least someone botherd to answer

Soulwalker

No worries i know how it feels waiting. I mean the other thing is if you notice theres a lot of problems from what i can see, People just have to accept that it's a new game and there are gonna be buggs from the frist release. I mean apparently wow was like that and can be when new patches come out

And the history of games is always the same theres loopholes here and there in the coding but props to these devs trying to fix it & if they've been working all this past week i mean bankholidays n all thats dedacation
    but lets hope these get resolved soon.

Im having the same problem. After certain movements, usually turning to run, my mouse will have a 1 to 2 second delay (Like its stuck) and it wont do anything. It makes for some interesting times on my cleric when Im healing. Some info of solutions would be great.

Id just like to add that Ive noticed it happens most often after turning with right click.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by addysin View Post
    Id just like to add that Ive noticed it happens most often after turning with right click.
    I only have the problem while turning with right click^^
    Apart from that the mouse works normal.

Plane Touched

This is making the game almost unplayable for me.

After years of tanking I cannot and will not go back to keyboard-turning. But using the mouse to control my camera is only effective 1/3 of the time. The rest of the time the camera snaps back behind me without turning my character at all. This is disorienting and often fatal in addition to being obscenely irritating.

I use a Razer. Have used several variations over the years (R.I.P. Copperhead ) in lots of games, never had an issue remotely like this. Not even when a cat hair gets trapped under the sensor and things get freaky. Not even when co-workers put clear tape over half the sensor. Those are different kinds of freaky and I know them well.

I don't see how the mouse can be blamed, since my character will visibly turn as long as I continue to hold down right click, but the second I let go, CAMERA SNAP. And suddenly my character is facing exactly the same direction as before. Not going off in a random direction as it would be if there were a mouse error involved.

I suspect that this is happening when the game polls for directional input from other sources (keyboard, autorun, I don't know what else but it does occasionally happen when I'm stationary) while the mouse button is down and in the nanosecond after it goes up.

Kindly add a tiny span of time, a tenth of a second would probably more than take care of it, after the user lets go of the mouse button where the game ignores directional changes from non-mouse input. And if the game is actually taking directional input from other sources while the mouse button is still down, all I can do is slowly shake my head and sigh.

I imagine it could also be some overzealous anti-'hack' correction that decides the character's orientation changed too quickly to be reasonable, but since this often happens with small adjustments as well as quick 180s, I doubt it. Mouse turning is effectively instantaneous anyway, I don't see how it would open the game up to exploits to just trust the mouse.

Either way, please take care of it so that I can enjoy the game again. I can't even imagine what this is doing for people who are really into PvP. It's terrible enough when I'm just running along a road in a zone way below my level.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Psiharis View Post
    the time the camera snaps back behind me without turning my character at all.

Then you have a different problem
    My camera won't snap back but will just start "blocking" turning for short moments...or some seconds if i dare to turn quick.

Soulwalker

Now i also have the back snapping sometimes...
    In addition to my other problem -.-

Soulwalker

Still the same problem...could play on best settings, at least while not in Meridian, but the mouse will go crazy while turning -.-

Soulwalker

Made a video of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU39lB7dveE

First i turn with keyboard then with mouse.
    Especially at the end you can see the mouse getting literally stuck somehow.

I use the Razer Naga and have had no similar problem. Could it be a setting adjust with your DPI sensitivity or the Acceleration/Polling rate in your Razer Performance setup?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast